1911 new pics

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by SlightlyAddicted0311, May 9, 2012.

1. SlightlyAddicted0311

SlightlyAddicted0311 New Member

Just got a new camera and wanted to try it out. Why not on my 1911's?? First of all, each firearm has VZ grips/G10 material on them because in my opinion once you shoot with them you don't want to grip anything else. The only other thing I have done to any of them is a Wilson Combat trigger swap on my colt because that ugly black matte trigger bothered me and had too much travel.

#1. STI Spartan III (my carry)
    #2. Springfield Mil Spec SS
    #3. Sig Sauer Scorpion
    #4. Colt Commander

I also recently got on the waiting list for a Bob Marvel Tactical One 1911 which should be delivered in the next year and a half, lol. But it'll be 3.3k well spent i'm sure! Hope you enjoyed the pics and feel free to comment

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. SlightlyAddicted0311

two at a time...

Attached Files:

3. SlightlyAddicted0311

i really like the G10 mainspring housing on this Scorpion... plus the checkering on the front strap makes this my most comfortable and tightest shooter

Attached Files:

4. SlightlyAddicted0311

uploading takes forever

Attached Files:

5. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

SWEET! Great pics (and great guns)!
    I must say that I like the Springfield & Colt the best (but just from a looks standpoint - I'm sure the other two are great shooters).

6. cmahan

cmahan New Member

Nice pics brother

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Nice looking set!
    On the Colt, is that a series-80? The problem with adjustable triggers and the series-80 is that people adjust overtravel too much and nicks develop on the firing pin plunger.
    This could create a problem with the firing pin not moving, but the other parts seem to work fine.
    Have you checked the series-80 parts in the slide?

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm softening on the G10 grips. May have to get a set.

Nice selection of my favorite pattern pistol.

[​IMG]

9. SlightlyAddicted0311

I haven't shot the new trigger yet but if there are any problems with it I can adjust or fix the problem accordingly. thanks for the heads up though Dan

10. SlightlyAddicted0311

ive shot many types of grips, and while bone, wood, and skin are aesthetically pleasing, the G10 material grips from VZ just feel so tight to grip it's amazing. it's like I slapped glue on the handles instead and waited for it to dry to my hand. highly suggest you atleast try a set from vz, if you hate them send em back they have a great 14 day return policy

11. SlightlyAddicted0311

all four are now for sale contact for details