1911 mags

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by MIKE04, May 28, 2012.

1. MIKE04

MIKE04 New Member

I'd like to hear what everybody thinks about Chip McCormick mags for the 1911 and what mags u like.best

2. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

I have several Chip McCormick mags that I regularly use with my Sig Scorpion. To date , I have never experienced any issues with them. But I dont use and abuse them either.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I bought a bunch of Chip McCormick mags for a couple of my 1911's several years ago. None have failed me to date. And they get used a lot. I guess I'm noty abusing them but they do get dropped in the dirt during quick reloads at the range and stuff.

Everyone has their fav flavor when it comes to things like that.

4. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I've been using Chip McCormack Shooting Star mags for years now, they've been loaded and unloaded more times than i can count and i haven't had any issues with them.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a couple Wilson Combat ETMs and a couple Wilson 47D mags and they all work great. Im gonna buy a couple of the Tripp Cobra mags in the near future

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have a couple of the Chip McCormack mags and they seem to work just fine. i also use Wilson Combat, Colt and Springfield Armory mags with great success and not one mag related failure to date.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Used Chip McCormack mags for more years than i care to remember & cannot remember ever having a issue with one-
    I am however planning on buying a few of the Tripp mags for my 9mm :)

8. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I like my Chip McCormick mags.:cool:

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I have had a couple issues with a CM mag. I use Kimber KimPro Tac Mags, Wilsons, and Tripps. Never had problems with any of these.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have two Chip mags that I bought a couple of years ago. I shoot the crap out of my 1911. I also compete with it once a month. Those mags work great for me. You do have to dismantle and clean 1911 mags every now and then. Any brand will get dirty and not be 100% reliable. I also use a little graphite to lube them. I said a little.

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

If you need help for a 1911 which is picky about mags, then the Tripp Research mags that Cane refers to would be my choice. If you are not having feeding issues, then the Chip McCormick mags are quality mags.

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ya'll killin me - I have to get a few of the Tripp Mags to try , "need" some more anyways :eek:

13. DallasShooter

DallasShooter New Member

I have a variety of mags from different manufacturers, but from now on it is Tripp Cobra mags all the way.

14. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I have several CM along with WC, Colt and 4 of the Tripp mags all have working flawlessly but I also clean them here and there and really don't drop them on purpose mainly because I do most my shooting on concrete surfaces.:D