1911 is back??????,I hope

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by readytogo, Aug 12, 2014.

1. readytogo

readytogo New Member

Colt Defense L.L.C., West Hartford, Conn., was awarded a $22,500,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract July 18, 2012 for production, delivery and logistical support of the close quarter battle pistol. Work will be performed in West Hartford, Conn., and is expected to be completed by July 2017. No contract funds will expire by the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured using full and open competition with three offers received. The Marine Corps System Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity (M67854-12-D-1056).
    http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/CQBPCloseQuarterBattlePistol.aspx

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

old news., there have already been a few threads about this.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yes. There is a commercial version available as well. Not a general issue pistol for the marines, but it is replacing some pretty well worn, old and several times overhauled 1911s that they keep in stock.

This one has a Colt frame and Springfield slide that was purchased back in the '80s or '90s as part of an overhaul program for MEU/SOC. The wear lets you know it's been knocking around for a while.

[​IMG]

At that time they also upgraded to King's sights, Beavertail, and ambi safety. Then a Colt Commander hammer along with upgraded trigger.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The above pistol was an inspiration for my rebuild of a Springfield that I found as a incomplete pile of parts at a pawn shop. I just didn't go with the ambi safety.

[​IMG]