Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Armscor would be perfect!! Email in the works, thanks!
Good luck with that .

Armscor makes what looks like a nice version of the M14 select fire that they sell in other countries , I suggested to the President of U.S. sales almost 2 years ago now on a forum he regularly visits that they should make a semiauto version and import it and was basically ignored despite other forum members agreeing with me .

The M14/M1A is a great weapon and we Americans love them , we just don't love the $1,200-2,000 price tag Springfield has on them and we would love to see a quality made copy at a reasonable price .

·
Registered
578 Posts
If it was a DAO it would require some major design changes to the point internally and externally it would be so far from a 1911 it couldn't really be called one .

The trigger would go from a straight foreword/rearward travel to more of a swinging link style used on DA/SA autos and the DAO would completely eliminate the ability to be carried in condition one with the hammer cocked so why bother having a frame safety on the thing ?

If you want such an animal I think there are a few people who make or made them in 45 ACP like Ruger , CZ and perhaps Taurus . Of course you must understand no matter what the frame and slide look like it still isn't a 1911 .

·
Registered
578 Posts
bgeddes the President of Charles Daly has said they will be bringing out a 9mm 1911 once production with their new supplier gets going full steam .

Bad news is he hasn't told anyone who that is yet .

The good is that he has stated new guns should start hitting the market in late 2008 and we're almost there .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.