Firearms Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I've got feelers out to Alan at Sprinco and Dave at Dawson Precision for used parts. I will cobble together a working gun, eventually. I will probably Duracoat it when done.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I've got feelers out to Alan and Sprinco and Dave at Dawson Precision for used parts. I will cobble together a working gun, eventually. I will probably Duracoat it when done.
My Fusion, I bought as a prefitted slide, frame and barrel. I had it sand blasted, and I parkerized it then coated it with Norrel's Moly Resin. It has proven to be a very tough combination. Cerakote wasn't out at the time, and I wanted a good baked on finish. teh Norrel's hasn't disappointed me so far. ther is one spot where I touched the frame with a hanging wire as I was putting parts in the oven. That spot just doesn't hae the same texture and is the only real flaw, and it's my mistake. Duracoat should be just as good, it just takes some patience if you are going with the air cured version.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I'll probably bake it. I have used another similar product in the 80's (brakecoat? or something like that). Was originally for brake parts, but worked well on guns

21 - 23 of 23 Posts