1911... Best brand?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JMAtactical, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Whats the best brand and model guys. I am going to be leaving Glock soon and finding a new platform. Just checking out 1911 as well as a couple of othere plats

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Colt of course;) as iv said to you before though Sig is awesome as well as RRA. I have several colts as well as a Sig scorpion, and several others. My main carries are dual Colt GCSM that I have done alot of work on.

3. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

This Sig is making me really intersted. I am going to look up some reviews right now sir

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Leaving Glocks as in u are going to sell them too? Ever considering "multi" platforms instead, by owning all kinds?. ;)

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Colt, Springfield Armory and Remington are at the top of my list as the best 1911's on the market.

6. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Wow i better be ready to pay lol. Maybe ill find one used

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Springfield arms are relatively inexpensive. RRA is cheaper and still a great gun.

8. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I have smiths and i have glocks and even a bond arms snake charmer which is sick but my carry weapon and range weapon should imo be the same. I am tired of my glock but still love it. Its like the wife or gf you cant stand but she always makes you a great dinner and is there for you lol

9. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

What about wilson combat

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Awesome weapons but VERY EXPENSIVE.

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

The Colt 1991 is a 1911, I've seen them brand new for $600

Look at them, Rock Island Armory, Springfield or Auto Ordnance if you want a G.I. style. If you want something a little more updated, look at Springfield, Kimber or Colt.

These are by no means the only good choices as most 1911s are about as good as the next.

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

That makes sense. I'm a huge fan of Glock BUT open to any other brands or platforms.

13. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Thats me in a nut shell i want the updated stuff. But i cant yet decide when it comes to this gun because it is a legend and i am never 100% sure about wth i want lol

14. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Here is my Taurus, it had a rough break in period, but it's been 100% since. What is you max budget?

Attached Files:

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

my springfield was $640 cash price, the LGS ate the sales tax for a cash purchase.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Your LGS sounds like mine- old school & there to make a deal :cool:
    Still ain't heard a price range-
    Now (after 3 out of 4 gud ones) i'm a RIA fan but i must stay within a budget-
    I'd really like to have a "full blown" Springfield-
    This is my RIA of choice right now- About $500 invested

[​IMG]

17. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have had my Springfield 1911A1, just a plain Jane, since the 80s, have fired untold amounts of ammo through it, have never replaced a part, and it still shoots very well. The only problem I ever had was from buying cheap magazines. Once I swapped to McCormic mags, it has worked flawlessly. It looks a little long-in-the-tooth from many years of riding in leather, on my hip, in a tropical climate, but then again, I show a bit of wear myself.

I own more than just a few firearms, but this one would be the last to go.

18. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I do not own a RIA myself, but the only people I have ever hear complaining about them, didn't own one either. I have a friend who must own a dozen of them. If I bought another, it would be a RIA.

19. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

600 to 750

20. jhughe11

jhughe11 New Member

Are those the original sights? I have a RIA 1911 and I hate the sights! I want 3 dot sights but I think I have the novak ones now? Anyways if there not the original sights did you change them or get someone else to do it?