1891 argentine mauser 7.65x53argentine

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by PatrickHarrison, Nov 4, 2011.

1. PatrickHarrison

PatrickHarrison New Member

Anywhere to find ammo for this rifle, norma, prvi, hornady? Mines short and sporterized the ammo i had, Normas, id like to get more for the gun, i dont have money to reload even tho i have equipment. My deceased grandpa use the cartridge in a sporterized mauser that was a beauty but got stolein during his illness and id love to have it back but couldnt so i got my own sporter. They are a hard hitting round and recoil is a bear on me from the stubby gun the scope already connected to my forhead and with that power it presented id like to hunt deer with it to make my grandpa proud id be using the cartridge he used to harvest many a deer and the largest buck ive seen on a low fence. Thanks for any help people! Good hunting

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I shop at Ammunition To Go's website, like C3 mentioned.

3. PatrickHarrison

Alrite ill look into it thanks fellars i just looked at a local gun store and the norma 7.65s went for $48 a box of 20

4. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

You can get Priv partizan soft nose hunting ammo for the 7.65 Argentine from Grafs for $15 a box.

5. PatrickHarrison

Anyone reload im thinking about taking this aprroach with the 7.65 mauser but its .311 bullets and those aint easy to find could i use perhaps .310??

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Check out Graf, like JP said, and you can also check out MidwayUSA.

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Really? I can find more .311 than I can .310...

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Midway is where I got the ammo for my Carcano...

9. PatrickHarrison

I actualy seen more .310 bullets than .311 not sure if its my internet skills or not plus i havent realy looked at the gun store down the road…… i have found 7.65 argentine prvi ammo good price too may get a box till i start reloading