Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been totally impressed with the accuracy of the Winchester Model 1885 Low Wall made by Miroku in .22LR. I bought it for the nostalic look and never expected it to be anywhere near as accurate as
it's turned out to be.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Got to love the traditional firearms. Some of them can be a real surprise. Beautiful rifles.

Looks like your accuracy is at least as good as what they described in a recent Rifle Magazine article on the Miroku remakes.

Winchester Model 1885: John Browning's first rifle is still in production @ Rifle Magazine, July 2021.

Miroku Low Wall .45LC accuracy @ 50yds, for the article:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well obviously i'm not the shot you guys are here's a pic of my shooting at 50 yds with my 1885 in .32-20. View attachment 244140
First off we're not lucky enough to have an original~! Is the bore still good~? If "Yes" I'd have a good look at the crown to see if it has been damaged in any way. If the rifle itself passes muster, I'd bee looking at different powder and bullet combinations.
Oops~! I just looked a 3 different loading manuals, Nosler, Hornady, and Hogdon and I don't see any loading infor in any of them. Oh well, at least you have a gorgeous firearm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep it has a great bore. Barrel still has sharp rifling. No problems with the crown. I will say after owning it now for a couple years i have dialed my groups in a little bit better. just don't have any newer pics of my range results. I added a small shim to the lyman tang site to get the groups back on center. I'm sure in the hands of a better shooter my 1885 would really shine. For loading info i use lyman's 49th manual.

·
Supporting Member
12,963 Posts
SPS
We love pictures how about some with your Miroku 1885 Model.
Good shooting!

·
Registered
37 Posts
SPS
We love pictures how about some with your Miroku 1885 Model.
Good shooting!

Thanks~! Good day at the range. No wind. Relaxed. Breathing right. Nobody to the left emptying 13 rounds from his AR in half a minute, and nobody on the right shooting a roof shaking .338 Lapua. Almost impossible to find days like that. I can somewhat understand the Lapua with all the elephants running around the state these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts