1851 navys lets see them.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by pointblank900, Apr 22, 2013.

1. pointblank900

pointblank900 New Member

I've been wanting one show and tell about them please thanks.

2. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Pietta. Nice CCH that doesn't show up in the pic. Fit and finish is good except for the fat grips Pietta uses and of course it has the incorrect Pietta tail, but for the money it can't be beat. It is an excellent shooter.
    BTW it is a .36, no navy revolver was ever made in .44

[​IMG]

3. mdauben

mdauben New Member

image-2769547915.jpg

Not the best picture but this is a Uberti 1851 London model. It's the same as an 1851 Navy except the grip frame is steel instead of brass.

4. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I like those London models.:cool:

5. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

colt repro made by colt sometimes in the 70 never been fired 36cal

[​IMG]
    colt repro made by colt sometimes in the 70 never been fired 36cal

6. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

That looks like a Dragoon, not a 1851 Navy. All 1851 Navys had octagon barrels. The powder flask also looks like one for a Dragoon. They are bigger with the "hooks" on the sides. A dragoon is 44 caliber and a bigger gun. A nice one though.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  7. Hawg

Hawg New Member

That is a Dragoon. Its true that Colt 51 Navies all had octagonal barrels but some of the Confederate copies had round barrels like the Leech & Rigdon and the brass framed Griswold & Gunnison. FWIW Colt never made a brass frame and no brass frame was made in .44 caliber.

8. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

opps your right i just got this piece form my uncle estate shows how much they knew about guns

9. PRM

PRM New Member

I've been shooting C&B revolvers since the mid 70s and as I could afford them replaced my Ubertis with Colt 2nd Generations. Pictured are the Models 1851 Navy, 1862 Pocket Navy and 1862 Pocket Police. The 1851 was my entry level gun into black powder shooting. However, I quickly discovered and was won over by the pocket models. They are a lot easier to carry and for me fit my needs perfectly. These have seen their share of use and carry. The pre-ban elephant ivory grips were my upgrade and came from Jerry Meacham, NC.

Attached Files:

10. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Those are nice looking guns.

11. antikythera

antikythera New Member

beautiful!!! :)

12. KS95B40

KS95B40 New Member

FIE 1851 Navy .36 cal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The closest I have. Taken from my grandfather when he threatened to off himself. Basically the only thing of value left from his passing after his gang banging heroin addict grandson broke in and cleaned the place out for drug money. That piece of sh!t.

Attached Files:

14. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Robert, don't you remember me, your lost brother, err.. cousin, yah that's right, cousin. Anything left in the estate?

Oh well, can't be any of my relatives, (me include) could ever have had something like that and never have fired it. Ain't in our natures

Nice piece, don' ever shoot it, if you can (laughing maniacally)