Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in my Remington shotgun thread that I had boxes of 16ga Shot Shells, here they are, 2 boxes are complete vintage Western Super X Paper Shells:

That's just 2 boxes I thought I'd show for now, I'll post a couple more later.

And for those that aren't familiar with shotgun shells and want to know about the difference between brass like this:

The one on the left is a Magnum shell, one on the right is Field load, the high brass have more powder than the low brass thus being a "hotter" shell.

And I don't plan on shooting those paper shells.

·
Registered
619 Posts
high brass is more of a marketing thing now. so long as its a 1 peace hull it can be loaded way hot. but those 16 ga shells are very coliectable

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some more:

Federal Field load(complete box):

Federal Hi-Power(complete box):

Then the green shells like the one posted in the first post are Remington/Peters magnum power piston 4 and 5 shot shells.

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
Awesome!. I love vintage stuff like that.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I snapped them up quick as hell cause they're kinda hard to find unless you buy from Midway or Brownells IIRC, I know I can't get them locally, I've got another box with older Brown shelled shells I gotta take a pic of and the box of MISC 16ga shells.....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last full box and it's corresponding shells:

These were made right after Remington bought out Peters Ammunition:

If you find any quantity of Peter's shells, even Plastic don't shoot them, I made that mistake myself:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts