16 gauge single barrel shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Jacobeggegg, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

i have a 16 guage single barrel shotgun that i would like to know more about< like what brand it's what its worth ectra here are some pictures
    2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

from looking at the reciever it looks like a new england arms, a very old one. im not sure what it is worth if it is in fact a n.e.f the new ones go anywhere from 100$ to 250$ but yours looks older so it could be worth more or less because of age. also the condition, i hope i was at least a tiny bit helpful.

-mike-

3. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

kinda not really though

4. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

it really does to me look like a new england. you should take it to a gun shop to have it appraised and checked out

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Similar to the H&R singles, but not enuff detail in the pix (ran out of pixels enlarging them). If you can post better pics, and any markings on the gun (including marks UNDER the wood of the forearm) we would have a better chance of getting you a realistic answer. There were many of these made in Spain and Italy over the years.

6. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

the N.E.F and the old H&R boomsticks look similar to me. i cant really tell them apart

7. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

8. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

410shooter, that isn't quite the same, the trigger is different and the barrel on mine has a groove in it.

C3shooter, srry that's the best the camera can do

9. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

what are the markings on the gun? can you specify what it says there on the reciever? and on the barrel? any tips will help

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I can say one thing it is not an H&R or an NEF they have three pins in the rear of the reciever. This one has TWO.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The older H&R's had two pins as opposed to 3 or 4 on the newer ones. i am not good enough on these to know when they made the transition.

12. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

ok im trading someone for it and i asked apparently they forgot to mention the it says springfield arms on the side, i googled it and couldnt find anything

13. c3shooter

There was a somewhat incestous relationship with the 3 S's- Savage/ Stevens/ Springfield. You might check on the Stevens Model 107. Made from 1937-1953. Single shot, profile is similar to yours. Changed slightly as the makers swapped spit, and gun made under one name was picked up under another name, etc. Inexpensive shotguns even when new. Not bad, just not high dollar guns.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  14. c3shooter

stevens shotgun.jpg

Something like this-

15. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

that looks jutlike it whats it worth though

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You want to get rid of it? I have a soft spot for 16s.

17. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

How much would you pay?

18. c3shooter

Why, Jake- the price is right there in the ad- $11.50. Of course, that IS for a new one......... :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Gun Traders Guide lists the Model 107 at $85 for a Very Good condition specimen. These were the guns of the working stiff- the farmer, mechanic, store keeper, and valued as shooters, not as collectables.

19. Jacobeggegg

Jacobeggegg New Member

Lol if it was really only $11 I'd own like 5 an get special harnesses made so I could use all five at once, reloading would suck though