15th VCPF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. Apr 3-4, 2020

Discussion in 'Missouri Gun Forum' started by bobski, Oct 1, 2019.

1. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

partdeux has fallen off the map. showed some interest a while back, but has gone silent.

2. bobski

jim and gwen are out. jim had a job change. no more weekends off.

3. rockratt

rockratt Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Brent is out.
    Adam is a maybe but they were supposed to let me know something Wednesday but crickets so far.

4. bobski

thanks rock, you know how it goes. lmk if anything happens.

5. bobski

colo bob is out. the shoot needs shooters! if you got any leads or want to sign up....nows a good time to do it.

when people cancel, the prizes dwindle too.

so, if anyone would like to donate the 1st place prize of a case of 12ga, pm me.

6. bobski

colo bob donated his ticket to dougs g-son. we are back to 10.

7. bobski

number 11 just signed up...from a deeper watering hole.

8. rockratt

rockratt Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Adam is out. But I am pretty sure we already knew that!!!

9. bobski

tickets talk, as we know.
    sadly, youre the last ftf member to attend joe. ftf use to be #1. in the 10 years of inviting people, ftf supplied 76 shooters total. now, its just you. odds are, this will be the last invite on ftf, since all the shooters now are obtained from deeper watering holes. thanks for your support. I kinda liked it here. but im a shotgunner, im not interested in what everyone ate last night, or the latest joke. lol. I will be calling you on pm for any future invites. no sense in laboring the state forum inputs. 7 years was a good run....2 years longer than the sports average burn out rate.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    farmboy3010 and rockratt like this.
  10. bobski

number 12 (from elsewhere) is teetering................

11. bobski

theresa is out.

12. bobski

Rather than over reacting, I’d rather just let all my friends know where I stand concerning the pandemic as of today.
    First, the meet will not be canceled. If only 1 person shows, then 1 person will win.
    Second, I will comply with the commander and chiefs suggestion to be a team player concerning gatherings.
    a) I suggest the club 60 gathering be canceled. Though club 60 is open and reservations are made as of 18 march, it may be wise not to gather. Keep in mind, the shoot is 3 weeks away, and the commander and chief said to refrain for 2 weeks. It may lift.
    b) Our shooting group right now is within size recommendations of 10. It may increase. Keep in imnd, we are an unincorporated town, therefore we are not under any mandatory orders or quarantine laws.
    c) You can pot luck if you want. Im treating you all as my family at a dinner table. We bless the food for a reason and I believe in the power of prayer.
    d) Wash your hands if you stopped anywhere enroute to vcpf, before arriving. Take all your trash with you. Remember, I handle all the trash and vcpf and clean up after you leave. Please don’t put me at risk thru trash.
    e) I will not offer my hand to shake. If you don’t want me to shake your hand, tell me. As many know, we arent big huggers, So please don’t.
    f) Please leave a clean bathroom for the next person.
    g) Call me if you cant make it. If you choose to exercise social distancing, I will totally understand.

Otherwise, see you 3-4 Apr. call me. Internet service here at the cabin is hot and miss.

13. bobski

stan and mary are out.

rex is out.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Those attending, please bring hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, Lysol or Clorox wipes and use regularly. Wipe tables, faucet handles, counters, anything you have touched or will touch. Use hand sanitizer regularly and/or wash your hands often. You guys will be fine. Just practice extra sanitizing while there and traveling.
    And have a great time.

RKB likes this.
  15. farmboy3010

farmboy3010 New Member

I see dwindling participation I wish I could make it. Would you accommodate last-minute attendees on the very slimmest of chances?

16. bobski

we are exercising the CIC's recommendation of less than 10 this shoot.
    we are at 10 now.
    may not be wise to travel so far in light of the pandemic.

17. bobski

farmboy3010, just a reminder, this is the last shoot to be listed on ftf. if you want to come to one in the future, pm me and i will add you to the list on another website, where participation is greater.

farmboy3010 likes this.
  18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I received the boots today, Bob. Thank you.

19. bobski

sarah gave them a good polish. look brand new!

20. farmboy3010

farmboy3010 New Member

I will email you.