$15k Glock 22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mountainman13, Apr 5, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah that's right $15k.

Attached Files:

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

For $15k that thing dam well better have a sweet pair of lips ;) still rather have a dozen high end 1911s tho lol

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

maybe 15 cents. covering a glock in solid gold actually reduces the value of the gold...

4. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

That's funny, I never associated Glock with prestige and luxury. My dad has a Glock 21, it's a reliable gun and it shoots well but it's nothing I would put on display. (Nothing personal Glock owners ;) )

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dont get me wrong, i love my G31, but you could cover it in 24k gold and its still gonna be a glock. No matter what you do to it, its not gonna warrant a large price tag. A person has too much money lying around if they will pay 15k

6. Kenney

Kenney New Member

For 15k, it better have unlimited ammo that explodes in rainbows, be accurate for three miles, aim itself, and and have a time machine built in.

7. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

It's a bit like these average phones that have a bunch of diamonds on them that sell for thousands of dollars. Under the hood they're nothing more than their plastic counterpart.

Also Glock is not an American company so even if they put a bunch of patriotic American engravings on it, it's still not American Made. Even the (current production) special edition Colts don't go for that much (except for their gatling gun: http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx)

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

No way in hell would I pay that for a Glock. The high end stuff may be fine on a 1911, but a Glock is an utilitarian gun. It is not pretty, but it works great.
    Doing that to a Glock would be like having intricate carvings cut into the stock of a Mosin Nagant, Jeweling the bolt, having the trigger coated in gold, having the barrel and magazine engraved, and replacing the brass/steel sling slots with gold ones. It may look, and be expensive, but it is till the same gun, and still shoots the same.
    Actually, I'd like to see what that would look like on a Mosin. Any takers? :D

9. texaswoodworker

10. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

there you go ruining my dreams of a tricked out Mosin ;)

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

At least the mosin has some nice history behind it.

12. texaswoodworker

Go for it. Just be sure to post some pics!!! :D

lol, yes they do.

13. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

You would have to pay me to take that piece...

14. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Couldn't have said it any better

15. slim325

slim325 New Member

That must be from Gunsmoke.

16. Kenney

Kenney New Member

No, just my poor sense of humor and sarcasm at it's finest.