15 year old beaten while security watched

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Yunus, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

They've been playing that on the news non stop. Not only do I question the security guards but what about all the aother adults around them? What kind of life do these 15 year olds have that they are doing these things? Every single thing about this situation is sad and clearly states the mentality of many people in America today.

3. Jess

Jess New Member

I hope those grown *** men are shamed to the point of never going out of their homes again. Contract be darned. When you know better you DO BETTER.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've seen the video on the news, and it is outrageous. I wonder what would happen if someone started beating on one of them? 'Observe' me kicking your *** and 'report' it to your boss from a hospital bed sounds good to me.

5. suprdave

suprdave New Member

It's sickening to watch. At one point the kicker is right between the two guards, literally stomping that girl's head. Better be glad that wasn't my daughter that was assaulted...:mad:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

That is what i was thinking. When i was a kid, any random passing adult would've smacked the aggressor and issued a verbal scalding to all parties involved, possibly while holding someone by the ear.

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That is tough to watch. But I can’t get to upset at the security guys. If they lay hands on that underage girl they lose their job. And with no weapons and probably no back up from the other guards that are going to keep their jobs, very likely they are just going to get their a$$ kicked by the gang of ten 18 to 20 year olds.

I’m a block captain for neighborhood watch, and the cops are always stressing to us, never get into a confrontation. We are there to call the police who are armed and trained. I’m not sure how I would act in a situation like that. I’d probably jump in and get my a$$ kicked. But I can’t blame someone else for doing what they are told by their boss and the cops to do.

8. SigGambler

SigGambler New Member

Couldn't agree more! It looked like the United Nations security team there, it's a sad statement about our world..

9. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I couldn't agree more with your assessment!
    Absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather lose my job than stand by and watch that. What a crock.

10. themyst

themyst New Member

So the Administration Gods have determined that no one except for the police are capable of helping others in dire distress? That's BS and the security company should be under fire for this. That is really outrageous. :mad:

There were grown men there fully capable of protecting that girl from broken bones or concussions or worse - and they just stood by and watched. What kind of sheep are we letting ourselves turn into?

11. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I don't know how any red blooded man can allow this to happen. Those three guys would have been more than able to prevent the beating. I'd be so ashamed of myself if I just watched something like this happen without trying to help.

From the guards standpoint, I'm sure they were doing what was smarter for them (i.e. keeping their jobs and not getting beaten up). I'm not sure I'd be able to stay calmed in their position, I wouldn't even be thinking about work or getting hurt. Plus, even though they were outnumbered I think that if they'd made a stand, the attackers would have backed off.

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I don't care what the Security Contract reads, what these mall ninjas did was criminal!!

By not taking action, they are as guilty as the person delivering the beating.

They need to be prosecuted!! :mad:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I was hired by a prominent security firm. A day of in -office orientation told me I was in trouble from jump street.

I could observe and report only, I had no authority to do anything at all, no mechanism in place to enforce any of the rules they wanted enforced.

I did one shift at a welfare office in the hood, and decided I had more rights as a private citizen than as a "security officer".

I was done the next day.

If I can beat your security's azz, then they aren't really security.

14. themyst

themyst New Member

I wonder why these companies are using people ('security' guards) for surveillance rather than security monitoring equipment? I would think the latter would be more reliable than human recollection of an incident and also less expensive. :confused:

My thought would be to establish a presence - but cameras are used for that, too.

15. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Wow, very sad. senseless beatings and security guards that can't provide security.
    You would think that even if the guards didnt strike the agressor that they could of shielded the girl from further assault.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Prescense was pretty much it. I guess the thought process was nobody on the outside was sure of how much authority you had, so they wouldn't try anything.

Too flimsy for me.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This whole situation sickens me. What did that one lone girl do that she deserved THAT? And what about the adults on the bus that were interviewed saying "Oh yeah, we thought somebody was going to do something" The F**K?? :eek:

I can't imagine NOT doing something. That girl was being stomped into the dirt. And nobody did anything?

I am with Jess, I hope the "men" in the surrounding area all end up with a scratch in the back of their crotch that only a shotgun can reach as they have offically lost any respect due them under a man card.

I'd like to have some older kids find THOSE kids that did the beating and have a little role reversal, bully beatdown style.

Back in the day, my old man would have, well, I am sure all of you know....

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

When I was a kid, I was in a showdown with 8 neighborhood bullies. There was no way out, I was in for a long afternoon.

After the mandatory "I'm gonna kick you azz" speech, one spits on me. I weigh my options, and swing.

The Benning martyrdom is about to ensue, and one of the neighbor ladies comes out with a 12 gauge, and orders dispersal. The fight breaks up, no cops are called, no charges are filed, nobody lips off. No angry parents, no media, no big deal.

What year was it that everything flipped, that people just watch this, and that security guards were stripped of their role as security?

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Political correctness and the rights of criminals to sue the good guys has made eunichs of much of society.

Up is down and down is up. Don't forget, only the left has any moral high ground. We're just Bible clinging, gun owning, bitter neanderthals.

If any one of us was there and had taken action, while we would have done the right thing, we would also be destroyed legally and financially. That is why people are afraid to step into those situations.

Things must change, but I don't have a clue how, other than some type of radical action. I really just don't know. It seems the rot has undermined every area of our society.

20. 995

995 New Member

That's a damn shame those guy's stood there a watched that happen .