14 Year Old NC Boy Kills Home Invader

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Jan 8, 2012.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This 14 year old NC boy was at home with his 17 year old sister when at least one of four scumbags broke into the home. The young man fired two rounds of buckshot from a shotgun. The young man said the man he shot was armed with a handgun. No gun was found; maybe another perp grabbed it up.

Congrats to the young man for protecting his sister and himself. The late perp gets an F for failing the victim selection test.

The 911 tape:

911 call: Henderson intruder shot :: WRAL.com

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. m72law

m72law New Member

bravo!!!!

i dont like the fact the 911 OP tells the boy ''not to fire that firearm while hes on the phone with her'' WTF:confused:sounds like this 911 operator needs to find another job!:mad:

i hope alot of criminals see this & think twice about doing a home invasions just because they know that only (kids) are in the house.

3. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Yeah right....don't shoot the gun, stay on the phone with me so I can tell if the bad guy's have killed you or not. Shoot em again kid....good job.

4. alsaqr

Sorry, i should have realized another post on this incident was already running.

5. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Agreed. Kid should've said "okay *click*"

6. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

:):):):) Great job for this young man.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

if that was illinois new york washington dc or commifornia the parents would be in jail for allowing the child to have a shotgun without a lock on it...

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I would of told her I will shoot if another guy comes around that corner. Congrats to the young man for protecting his home, and more importantly, his family.

9. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Wow, that operator sounded ignorant as all get out. Good for you kid, your sister is lucky you had the balls and the sense to grab that shotty and defend your castle. And good job to the parents for ( apparently) giving you a lesson or two.
    You break into my home when i ain't there, my wife and kids will shoot you just as dead as I would... I love it when predators taste the fury ( and lead) of their would be victims

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Can you come down the hallway, without the gun?
    No Ma'am.

I love it, boy has balls.

And that ain't no victim the deputy found outside.

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Sure he is....a victim of stupidity;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

12. Mjclemm

Mjclemm New Member

I'm new here, but damn !

I know I might be new here and basically this is my first reply, but agree with all of you. "put the gun down and come down the hallway". Don't shoot that gun while I'm on the phone". Not only do I think she's wrong, she could have got the poor kid killed if there was another intruder in the house and he did what she said, unreal we have people like this handling outer emergencies... Wow..

13. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Damn, and throughout the call, BOTH the Brother and the sister maintain their composure.
    That kid has a big brass pair. It took the Dispatcher til the deputy arrives outside to ask how He's doing.

14. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

The dispatcher has an attitude we see way too often these days....don't do anything to defend yourself, wait for the police to arrive.....so they can identify your bodies. Nauseating.

At least that's better than the typical 911 service, or lack of, we have around here......

About 2 AM wife and I were awakened one night by a loud noise coming from an unoccupied room up the hall. It sounded vary much like someone breaking in a window. I got my gun, moved my wife and myself to a defendable spot in the bedroom and called 911. I told the dispatcher that someone was breaking into my house. The dispatcher's response...."OK, we'll send an officer....click". As it turned out it was a false alarm. A rollup shade in the room had sprung, snapped up into the roller, and fallen off the wall. Which was fortunate, since it took 23 minutes for the first officer to arrive. And let me point out that we live in a small municipality which is only 4 miles across at its widest point. So it's not like we were out in the sticks, where the nearest county sheriff might be 30 miles away.

In another case, we were returning home one evening. We drive through the city park to get to our subdivision, and there is a large stream in the park. We had experienced record breaking torrential rains and the stream was flash flooding. The road was under rushing water. As we were turning around to go back, we spotted something. A lady had tried to drive through the water. Her car had been swept off the road and was on the bank of the stream, wedged against a tree. It was a little compact car and she was trapped and up to her neck in water. We called 911. The dispatcher asked us for the street address. I told her there was no address, that we were in the city park, at the stream next to the ball fields. She says "I'm sorry sir, I can't send help unless you can give me a street address. I repeated there was no address, we were in the park. She still refused to send anyone. I told her to start units rolling in the general direction and I'd guide them in. We were only 4 blocks from the nearest fire house, I could see the bloody thing up on the hill. I told her to tell the firemen to go out the back door and look toward the park, I'd flash my lights. Nope. Had to have an address. About that time a man rolls up in a large 4x4. He saw what was going on and said "Forget them, I've got a cable winch on my truck". I played out the cable as he waded into the water and tied it to the car. We then winched the car back up on the road, freeing the lady. By this time, other local people were gathering. On of them put the lady in their car and drove her to the hospital. No help in the form of fire or police ever arrived.

So yeah, forget trying to fend for yourself, depend on the authorities for help. By all means.

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

His sister will most definitely remember her kid brother's bravery for decades! :D

16. alsaqr

Situations like the two Paladin described are commonplace.

When we lived in Lawton i was out in the garden working when i heard a noise. Looked up to see a bloody guy leaning against the 6 foot chainlink fence asking for help. Went around front, opened the garage door, went inside and called 911. This dispatcher had to be the dumbest woman in Comanche county, OK. i gave her my address as XXXX Monroe ave. She came back with "1413 Jefferson Ave". I told her no and gave my address again. She again came back with: "1413 Jefferson Ave."

Got off the phone with 911 i went back outside. The injured guy was lying in my garage and a few of the neighbors were outside. After talking with the neighbors, i went back inside and called 911 again. Again the same operator would not listen to me. Went back outside and by now there were several neighbors: Most of them had also called 911. After about 45 minutes an ambulance came cruising by and we stopped it. While the ambulance was there i looked up the street and saw a cop car sitting one block away. They refused to come to our location. Yep, the ambulance was running interference for the cops.

In the afternoon a Lawton policeman i knew came by. He said there was an altercation at the crack house up the street: Three guys fought with pipes and a pipe wrench and one guy was killed.

17. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Not true in NY....anyone 12 or older may own a firearm....had one ever since.

18. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

I'm pretty sure stuff like that depends on the county

19. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

you're right...to an extent "Generally it is unlawful for persons under the age of 16 to possess a firearm, However any persons between the ages of 12 and 16 may own or possess a rifle or shotgun if they are engaged in target shooting..."

they do not go on to specify what "target shooting" is. they are also allowed them to hunt with (at least in Niagara County) because we have youth seasons....All I know is I have had a gun since I was 12..have 7 now and have shot many more...

New York (except NYC) is more than reasonable when it comes to handguns and permits...we have CCW....my only petpeeve is the "assault rifle" regulations.

a rifle may only have 2 of the following features...any more and it is an illegal "assault rifle."

1. Bayonet lug.
    2. Threaded muzzle for a muzzle brake, flash hider, or suppressor.
    3. Capacity to hold 30 or more rounds.
    4. Pistol grip.
    5. Collapsable or retractable stock.

This makes any tactical rifle kind of boring.

20. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Stuff like that also depends on the county. Yours sounds pretty relaxed. Others hassle you a LOT more.