$1200 for this??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Gojubrian, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks decent. I've bought from this guy before. :)

Attached Files:

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

What is the scope?

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Difficult to tell from the picture. The fact that he has been running Wolf through it doesn't inspire a tremedous amount of confidence though.

How about some specs?? :confused:

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Impossible to tell from the picture but I doubt it. $1200 can get you something special and I bet this is just a pig in a poke. It comes down to parts and I bet that thing doesn't deliver.

5. Car54

Car54 New Member

Not knowing the make of the upper, lower, rail, and scope, I'd say the guy is trying to recoup money spent on the add ons.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Wow! That is a lot of money for a 22.
    ;)

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

It's a Colt HBAR. ??

Scope is a 4-10x50 mil dot red/green

That's the answer I got.

Sheesh! :rolleyes: :confused:

8. bkt

bkt New Member

That's what I noticed first. I stay away from Wolf.

It's probably a reasonable deal, I guess. Maybe. For me, I'd say "I don't need the carry handle or extra stock, I want a better case, the extra pistol grip and foregrips are nice but not really necessary, the Wolf won't get used, and I prefer a holosight to a scope on an AR." YMMV. If all that stuff appeals to you, maybe its worth the extra $.

How many rounds has it got through it? And are they steel-cased Wolf rounds? Can you inspect this in person? Is it clean?

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It MAY HAVE started as a Colt H-Bar, but it's not a Colt H-Bar in it's current configuration.

Now if you really want a matching Colt upper and lower receiver, this is a start, but there is a LOT of stuff there that I would personally not want to pay for as "extra" if I was after a Colt matching weapon.

JD

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm going to pass. He doesn't want to, "break it up."

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Probably a good call. There isn't enough "package" there for me to part with $1,200 hard earned dollars. :eek:

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm not seeing $1200....I'd go $800-900 maybe and then unload the wolf for some decent ammo.

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Nothing wrong w/ running Wolf or any other steel ammo through an AR. However, I wouldn't give him anywhere near $1200 for that rifle. Looks like a train wreck of cheap ****.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Caveat.

There is nothing wrong with running Wolf if the owner knows how to properly maintain the weapon AFTER running steel or lacquered ammo.

For the "average" user I would recommend against buying a Wolf run weapon.

For someone like Quentin, mjkeat or sniper03? Or someone who could accurately assess the condition of the upper and the chamber, it would be a lay up.

JD

15. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I guarantee you can do a lot more with $1200. . . . then you'd get to have all the fun of slapping on parts, not sifting through someone else's. :)

16. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

JD,you guy's are just too paranoid!

There's not a damn thing wrong with shooting steel cased ammo thru one of these weapons.
    If someone's too stupid to know how to maintain their weapons,then they shouldn't own it.It's that simple.

I've shot thousands of rounds of steel cased ammo out of all of my 223 caliber guns,and have had exactly ZERO problems,even with the old Laquer coated stuff.
    It isn't that hard to clean your chambers out good,after shooting it.

And NO,I've never had any extractor problems either!

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Missing my point TX, but damn if I don't love people like you when it comes to this platform. :D

You know the weapon inside and out. You have shot steel and you have maintained your weapon. You are what an AR owner should be brother. *respect*

Now. Take your weapon to the guy down the street, to the cubicle monkey with all day to browse AR-We-Are-So-Great.Com and let him shoot 1500 rounds of Wolf through it, regardless of lacquer or steel.

Give him a year with YOUR weapon, regardless of WHEN he shoots those 1500 rounds.

Then take it back and inspect it.

What do you think the result would be? In your honest, PROFESSIONAL owner's belief??

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I see your point JD. I appreciate the good words. The thing is I still have nightmares of sitting on the floor in the hallway of the barracks cleaning firearms for weeks at a time, no exaggeration. Well maybe on the nightmares but we really did clean for periods stretching into the weeks. My point is I don't get very involved in the cleaning process any longer. A wipe down, quick swap of the chamber, bore snake and I'm done. So far so good.

For the money a guy can fire twice as many rounds. Granted steel ammo may not have the quality of brass ammo but for M.O.M its perfect. I do keep brass on hand at all times though. A lot of places wont let you use the steel stuff.

I don't want to high jack this thread and will end w/ brass would be my first choice but steel is adequate and nearly half the cost.

```
    Just saw the qubical monkey comment, awesome :)

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah JD's comment was great! That guy, the cubical monkey, ain't getting my AR for a NY minute.

I use a lot of steel case for the same reasons MJ said. Of course I prefer brass but can't ignore the twofer factor.

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Guess I should have used the spell check function on that :)