12 Gauge Side By Side Trigger Conversion

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by dwntwn50, Nov 14, 2011.

1. dwntwn50

dwntwn50 New Member

Here's a question, I have a 12 Gauge side by side double trigger shot gun, does anyone know if you can convert this to a single trigger gun?

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Probably. With enough money you can do most anything. If it is a gun where they made both set ups on the same frame it could probably be done cheaper.

3. dwntwn50

dwntwn50 New Member

Thanks, I'll look into it.

4. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

what manufacture ?and mod was it ever ever offered with a single trigger? prob not with out costing more than the gun is or would be worth

5. Gene L

Gene L New Member

Very difficult, if not impossible. Just get used to the double triggers, they're WAY better than a single trigger, faster to get on, and just what's happening. A conversion, if possible, would reduce the value of the gun.

6. dwntwn50

dwntwn50 New Member

This is a Stoeger Upland game gun, I didn't see any of this model with a single trigger. I have a 20 gauged over under with a single trigger and like it a lot.

7. dwntwn50

dwntwn50 New Member

Thanks appreciate your comments.

8. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Stoeger makes that same gun with a single trigger, and it is noted for its UNreliability. All the Cowboy shooters who use Stoegers, which is a lot because they really dog the guns and they are cheap and do work, use the double trigger models.

9. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

the man speeks true

10. jgairguns

jgairguns New Member

It is definately possible. In the period from 1930 to into the 1950s Stevens sold a conversion kit for their guns. It converted the standard double trigger to a single non selective tirgger. There are also several pattents for doing just that. It does not appear to be that difficult if you have access to metal working machinery or like to file.

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

it can be done and i can do it just send me your gun and 1500.00 get it back to you asapi can see stoger owners lining up to fix them dmn triggers 311 people stay with twins it can be done but!!!