12 Executive Orders pending restricting Seecond Amenment

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by tinbucket, Jun 1, 2015.

1. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

The NRA Site has a pied from the Hill as well as several sites on the net, reporting that the Administration via Executive Order/Attorney General or edict by BATFE, not clear to me, 12 new rules.
    Among them restrictions on high power pistols. I assume that means ar and AK platform pistols but article didn't say, Storage requirements, expanding mentally defective coverage, which is constituted mostly by Veterans and so on.
    I can't post links.
    It would be good if links and stories, were posted by Forum Administrators, on current life and death issues, of our Second Amendment.
    Assaults around the Country are accumulating. There are only a few main players who are leading the howling packs of anti Americans.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Looking at the Mental Health aspect of gun violence would probably be a good idea, under a different Administration. But Obongo is going to push returned, and returning Vets with PTSD further from the help they need..For fear they will lose their 2A (and who knows what other) rights. And if you, or your kids were ever diagnosed / on Meds for ADD/ADHD....Look out....think i'm kidding...? The anti 2A groups will go way past what makes sense...And ride the "Mental Health" horse as far up our a55 as they can get....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. flphotog

flphotog New Member

While any future administration would probably be better than the current one, I no longer trust the government to remain within the bounds of the constitution. Politics is what drives Washington not the best interests of the population. While obummer is without a doubt the worst president we've ever had I really have lost all trust in the Federal Government.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Surely we could come up with a fair process to determine the status of a citizens mental state before we allow them their rights but Innocent until proven guilty runs counter to that and rights are not allowed by our gov, they are insinuated by our citizenship in the BOR's.

ADA says that society must find a way if possible to accommodate all persons rights regardless of a disability they may or may not have if at all possible. It goes one step further and says that if you deny an Individual with Disabilities rights to equal treatment and access because they are disabled, you just committed a serious crime.

That does not mean you must hire a blind person as an optometrist but it does say if that blind person could do the job well with "reasonable accommodations", you may not rule them out because of their disability. Targeting and evaluating citizens specifically with the intent to validate or diminish a single right while turning a blind eye to others is unacceptable in a free society and only creates an appearance of safety.

If our society has the legal right to call out the diminished to be forcefully evaluated then it must evaluate them without bias or conclusions before proof is substantiated beyond reasonable doubt in a court. If our Gov can say your dangerous with a weapon cause your proven crazy they damn well better be looking at more than a you with a gun or their profile is useless to us.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

When a vet with PTSD shoots up your own children, you won't care who he is. Exploiting "vets" for the sake of an argument is the lowest form of demagoguery. Tim McVey and John "Mohammed" were "vets". Vets can commit crimes like anyone. Spare the bs.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The applicable federal law for the reporting of adjudicated mental cases who are a threat to themselves and/or others to the FBI is the NICS Improvement Act of 2007 (2008). The act was in response to the nutcase who killed over 30 students at VA Tech. The act passed the US congress by an overwhelming majority.

All you ever wanted to know about the reporting of adjudicated mental cases to the FBI:

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=49

i know dozens of vets and a few active duty soldiers who have been diagnosed with PTSD. So far as i know none pose a threat to our safety. None have had their gun rights taken away by Obama or anyone else.

Adjudicated mental cases have no business owning guns.

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I read the link, and my conclusion is that all he is doing is pumping out "Feel Good" measures. All his EOs are just him reminding the public of laws that already exist, but the average can of cut cling peaches out there doesn't know they do.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I noticed that too. Obama is an outstanding politician. He presents an initiative that makes a good headline, makes little practical difference, and pi$$es off his opponents into overreacting and saying something stupid, for future reference.

Unfortunately, on the law enforcement issues he did real damage. The upsurge of crime is on him.

10. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Again with Obubblehead says that he is going to do something about firearms. There is nothing that he is going to do except slap his lips together until he leave. He has so far 6 years to get one thing done and has failed, well except making this country a laughing stock world wide, that he did with flying colors. Everything else has been a complete farce.

11. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

His biggest accomplishment by far is OBAMACARE...When future generations of Americans are either RICH...or...POOR, and they look back to see what completely wiped out the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS...it was OBAMA-CARE.

12. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Well since you put it that way, I guess that he did successfully destroy the middle class. :mad: