11 year olds defend their homes and lives

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by rocshaman, Aug 6, 2012.

1. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

"and a child shall lead them..."

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

4. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Noticed both of these happened in Texas. Yeah thats right, Don't Mess With Texas (Texans) even the little young ones.

5. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

Freakin AWESOME !!!!!

6. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

They were raised right and it takes courage to step up and handle a situation now. Especially since the media is liberally run and therefore demonize guns. They make it out like crime is outta control but if you do a little research youll find that through history it was always murders etc. getting rid of the 2nd amendment will only fuel the black market and unregistered guns will be all over this country like the illegal drugs are everywhere now

7. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I would like to see the dirtbags in jail telling the other prisoners they were beat by an 11 year old.

8. chris1234

chris1234 New Member

Well done kids and i bet the robbers wear dippers now.

Dont mess with Texans

9. JMcInnis

JMcInnis New Member

New to the gun scene...in everyone's opinion, what age is appropriate to allow a child to start shooting/proper handling of firearms lessons?

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    As soon as they read the Constitution and BOR...

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

There is no single answer. It depends on the child. FWIW, I started shooting airguns at 8, firearms followed not long afterward. Can they read and follow safety rules for other activities? Bear in mind, there is no shortage of adults that probably shouldn't own firearms. :rolleyes:

Kudos to the kids.
    Especially the girl with the pink rifle. :cool:

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Like over kill said it depends on the kid. I started bb guns at 4 pellet guns at 5 and 22's at 6 if your child is responsible and listens well he will probably be ok starting a little younger. On the other hand if he is uncooperative and tends to overreact, it might be better to wait till he is a little older.

13. brolin_1911a1

brolin_1911a1 New Member

As soon as they can understand the concept of don't point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy. Both of my kids are adults now but they both started learning firearm safety and how to shoot when they were about three years old.

14. KansasCandR

KansasCandR New Member

It all depends on their level of maturity and interest as well as family dynamics. My daughter went to the range with me when she was six. Didn't shoot and didn't like it due to noise. My son will be lucky if he gets there before he can vote.