Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently joined the forum to see if I could get some insight on my Remington 11-87 not cycling. I bought it about a year ago and it hasn't cycled right since I got it. I've been shooting Remington Nitro Sporting Clay 2.75" loads and it seems to develop plenty of barrel pressure as it kicks the shells out a good 15 feet. When it does jam, it ejects the spent shell just fine, but then the new shell get jammed between the breech bolt and the barrel. Any thoughts?

Great to be a part of the forum... I'm sure I'll learn quite a bit from you guys.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you around. Try to open a similar thread on the shotgun section of the forum. Maybe the action spring? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Might be your mag spring?? Is it a Supermag? If it is (3.5in chamber) you will have to install the ring that allows lower power rounds to cycle (not sure what its called, its a metal ring you can get from Remington if you call the cust service). One of the flaws of the supermags. If that isnt it, check the gas ring (a rubber O ring toward the end of the magazine tube). They tend to break every year or so, from use or just dry rot. Another flaw in the design. I know you said it ejects fine, so this may not be the issue, but it will do funky things sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not a Supermag, and it says it's chambered for 2.75 or 3" rounds. I just put a fresh O-ring in it and today was the first shots on it... it did the same thing it has always done. I checked the action spring and it seems fine, I cleaned it and the guide before today to no avail. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME rem1187, glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome to the forum
can't help you with your problem but on of our knowledgeable member will come along i'm sure
:D

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Should have bought 870

Welcome 11-87. Just kidding you on title! Go to the shotgun section and speak up:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts