10mm options

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by lbwar15, Jan 28, 2013.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Looking to buy a 10mm. Not sure who all makes them. But glock is out of toe question. I have one and i hate it. So what's my options?

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

colt delta, eaa witness line, RIA has one now, dan wesson !!

3. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I have a G20 and love it~! All kind of options. I bought a 40S&W, 357SIG barrel and a 22 conversion kit. I also hear that they make a 50GI conversion for it as well. 5 guns in one.. cant beat that!

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I would rather spend the money and buy 5 guns than another glock. Plus I have a G23 I can put a .357, 9mm, or .22lr on it.

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I have two 10mms, both are Dan Wessons. They are amazing guns and I highly recommend them. They aren't cheap though. Kimber also makes a 10mm in their Custom II and Eclipse models.

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I've looked at those and the colt. I'm just not ready to spend $1,200 plus.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

And I would wont to carry it. I would not wont to carry any of those. I would be mad as hell if it got some holster ware or something. That's why I bought that glock in the first place.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A used S&W 1006, 1066, 1076. I looked into the EAA line and found way too many complaints of cracked frames to trust them in 10mm.

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

You can't hurt stainless. It can always be brought back to new.

If you don't want to spend much money, your next best option would be an EAA Witness model. A lot of people really like the Witness Match.

10. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

Still a pistol I hate.

Won't own one. Won't pick it up out of the trashpile.

Same with any pistol that sports the trigger thingie. More ND ocurrs with Glocks than the next three Brands combined.

eldar

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Don't blame the gun, blame the tool that is carrying it. I carry a glock 20 with one in the chamber all day, every day and I have never had a ND.

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

EAA did have issues with Slides cracking on the 10 mm. I'd be willing to bet that it in part because of their decision to put 14 lb springs in them. I run a 18 lb spring in my .45. From what I've seen, the 10 mm should probably run a 20 or 22 lb spring.
    Frame cracking did occur, though it's comparatively rare.
    Pretty good info:
    http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/RefWitnessIssues

13. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

A loaded 10mm steel framed is a lot of weight to lug around.

14. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

Yo stud. I haven't called you any names, but that can be rectified.

The trigger disconnect is the most unsafe mechanical device installed on any firearm. Numerous folk have been shot by Glock just from (improperly) handling their pistols. Even while removing it from their holsters.

As far as not having an ND with your Glock, that day may just be in your future. It's only a matter of time.

eldar

15. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

I just got a e-mail from guns americas coverage of the shot show. Rock island arms is building a 10mm in a 1911 version. I surfed the net couldnt find any imformation on them so they are not released yet.Might be a affordable option to look into.They are definately not a colt but have a pretty good reputation and are way more affordable.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Cheaper than Dirt had them, exclusively I believe. I might be interested in one once another vender or three has access to them. I'll go a long way out of my way to avoid CTD from now on.

17. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Yes, the RIA 10mm guns have been out since Thanksgiving. There are a number of reviews on the dedicated 1911 forums. So far they've been pretty mediocre and mixed reviews. Not enough to convince me to take the gamble. I'd recommend looking for one that already has the kinks worked out.

18. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

"Tick tock dumbass" - Yankeemarshal

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And that's because there are more Glocks being carried than the next three brands combined.:p

20. scottmac

scottmac New Member

I have the Kimber Eclipse in 10mm (also have a Colt DE). It's a great shooter and I've had no problems with it at all.

You can even find cheap(er) 10mm ammo now while 9mm, .40, and .45 are all out of stock.

"Cheaper" = ~US$200 / 500 rnds PPU 180gr SJHP.