10mm auto

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by stl_boy32, Jun 18, 2012.

1. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My cousin has a glock that fires a 10mm auto round but is not sure what modle it is..I am wanting tofind one for myself but that is very hard to do if I don't know what I'm looking for

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

3. cmhill

cmhill New Member

EAA also mades a 10mm at a tad less than the glock,

4. Overkill0084

I was going to mention it, but he seemed to specifically be asking about the Glock 10 mms. As for the Witness, I've keep meaning to call and order a 10 mm conversion for my .45 Witness Match.

5. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

How do thos perform compared to the. Glock

6. Overkill0084

It depends on what you wish to use it for. For SD/HD I'd probably tell you to get the Glock. However, this is not to say that a Witness pistol is unreliable or failure prone.
    For general range and recreational use, either will work, it will come down to personal preference.
    Warning: The Witness pistol is usually a quality piece. However, they are a bit of an act of faith. EAA, the importer, has developed a reputation for poor/hostile customer service. (I haven't had any dealings with them, so it's hearsay on my part) So if it was your only SD/HD firearm, it could be a problem if you're waiting for them to get around to doing their job. As I understand things, Glock's CS, while not always stunningly wonderful, is usually pretty good. So the odds of having a satisfactory CS experience is better with Glock.
    http://eaacorp.com/

7. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

my cousein has the 29 I think and he says for a compact pistol its very heavy. So id probly use it at the range or for in the car

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I carry my g20 10mm sometimes appendix carry at 1 O'clock and it conceals well and really isnt all that heavy but I am 6'1 205 , So if you're a smaller person it maybe a issue.

9. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

Yea he 5.6 153lbs..I'm 5.11 174lbs

10. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Yea , I mean you're right there 5'11 174 isnt small . I think you could handle a 20 no problem. You're a bit smaller than I but not by much. Make no mistake the G29 is no pocket gun and the G20 even more so. You know your carrying it. But I use a universal leather holster you can check out on my youtube channel 36gh0zt36 if you wanna see how I carry it and I mean you know its there but I have NO trouble concealing it with that holster and it's fairly comfortable doesn't bother me really .

When driving it's a bit more noticeable since carrying at 1 O'clock its articulating into your stomach but again its not unbearable. I don't think I'd want to take a 150 mile drive carrying it like that but 30 min drive is no worries. And the thing I like best appendix carrying at 1 O'clock is the more you bend over the more concealed it is. which in your case coulda helped

And I dont own a g29 but I could only assume seeing the G20 is easy enough to carry the 29 would be nooo problem at all.

Again hope this helps. I love my 10mm it's an excellent defensive round with enough power to handle any BG

11. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

I gave it a look..I wanna find a new way to wear my XD9

12. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

The only thing I recommend if you're going to try appendix carry . Is practice drawing an empty gun alot until you could do it in utter darkness. There is no room for error in carrying that way. You do NOT wanna blow your balls off or put a round down the long axis of your leg.

And when you practice make sure you pay extra attention to keeping your trigger finger completely free of the trigger guard.

But once you've got the draw down it really becomes second nature . And if you ever come to a point where you are just not comfortable with that draw then just try something else because as I said there's no room for error at 12-1 O'clock.

But I find it to be the most comfortable draw there is , the most accessible draw and the best concealing draw.

But my glock 20 was my first carry gun when I got my permit last year , so I learned on a large weapon. But now im comfortable with any weapon at 1 O'clock and the Pitbull .40 I picked up man.... you dont even know it's there

13. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

Aww naw can't do dat my fiance just asked me bout a baby...so imma need those...n thanks for the advice

14. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I have a glock 29 that I've been carrying for a few months, and I love it.

image-228747706.jpg

It is very accurate and the recoil is very manageable.

At the range today were a few of the county academy cadets and they let me join in on their practicing (which was pretty fun) for graduation of the shooting part of their course.

They had to push off of target and put two in the chest (someone called body armor) then one in the head while dragging backwards leading with one foot as to not fall.

One handed shots, strong and weak hand.

25-30 yards shots leaning out of cover from a kneel.

All in all a fun and fairly successful day. All I had was buffalo Barnes loads and they are a little expensive to shoot as much as they did. But here is my target from all that.

image-742630828.jpg

That's with my g-29 of course.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  15. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Naw? Imma? What does this mean?

16. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

And you wonder why everyone here thinks you're 12

17. kglack43

kglack43 New Member

It amazes me that you guys held your composure and actually answered questions by this guy