$1000 to spend on AR15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JuniorRanger, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I have $1000 to spend on a new AR15. I have no idea what company or buy from. I like the Daniel Defense quality and looks but I don't think I can pay the price for those. So please let me know any ideas you have for a new AR15 for me! Thanks!

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

partner, right at this time, a $1000 isn't going to get you much in the way of an AR15! in case you have missed it, there are just very few available in most places and those that are. are going for premium prices. some for at least twice their normal prices.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Like Axxe said, now is not the time.

6 months ago, you could have bought a very good one for that price.
    Today, (if you can find one) that $1000 is going to get the selection from the bottom of the barrel.

4. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I have noticed that and wondered why the prices have gone up so much..?

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Have you been watching the news? I don't know how any gun buyer could have missed it!

6. Axxe55

Jesus H. Christ! what rock have you been under for the last month and a half!

i'm sorry, but i am just at a loss for words and just really don't even know how to reply to this.:confused:

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Funny, that's exactly what my first thought was! :p

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Even before the recent gun scare problems you find a DD for less than $1200 id be worried bout it being stolen.

9. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I hate giving bad news - but you're not going to get an AR15 for $1,000 right now.

I was at a gun auction about a month back, and they had AR15s from manufacturers I've never even heard of, in bad, ****ty condition, going for $1,200 easily.

They even had .22 LR S&W M&P22's going for 800-900 dollars just because it LOOKED like an Ar15

10. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Wow....just.....

wow

11. Axxe55

i see you're at a loss for words too!:D

12. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I knew all that and I figured that's the reason for the price spike. But I just didn't know if there is some reason I haven't paid attention too. I'm not the most experienced buyer and that is why I was asking for your help.

13. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

You know, you just might wanna avoid buying one until you do a little more research. Otherwise, I think we are going to see you on the evening news for buying a stolen AR from an undercover running a bust. Just a suggestion!

14. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

That's what we're here for =D

I hope I didnt come across as rude - I'm just being upfront and honest with you - unfortunately you waited too long :(

Anyone willing to sell you an AR under $1,000 right now, you need to be VERY suspicious of it.

At this point, my recommendation is to wait it out and see if they shoot down this AWB again.

In the mean time, keep adding to that $1,000

if the AWB gets shot down, you'll have between 1 and 2 thousand, and you can buy yourself a very nice AR15 (Get a Colt LE6940...because thats what I own, and I'm biased) :cool:

If it doesn't get shot down, and they pass it into law, you'll still be able to buy something - or invest that $$$ in some survival food and water that will surely be needed when gubment marches door to door taking guns :D

15. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I picked up a NIB Colt LE6920 for $1500 last week as a favor for doing allot of business with my LGS. Now I have a DPMS that I have tricked out a bit and have only put about 1000 rounds thru it. I have $1600 in it and I dont know what to do now, keep the DPMS or sell it. My LGS is telling me to sell it at a good mark up but I dont want to screw anyone over(not my style) and just want what I have in it? What would you do?

16. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Keep it. Guns are an investment.

17. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I'd show me a picture of the goodies a consider a purchase:D

18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Now all you need is another $600 and the you can afford an $800 rifle today.

19. Hawkeye3030

Hawkeye3030 New Member

Just bought a brand new one in the box from Palmetto State Armory for $799 plus tax.they have not raised their prices but $100 since things went crazy. It is a quality weapon made right here in South Carolina.

20. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Its not screwing anyone if you're selling at market price. Firearms are an investment and like any other investment, the market price goes up and down. The fact is, now is the best possible time to be selling an AR and if more people did it the prices would be lower. Get it?

If you're making a stand on principle that's a whole other thing. It also means you forfeit your right to complain that you didnt get your money back out of it when/if you choose to sell at the wrong time.