100% Stupid with a capital F

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CourtJester, Oct 5, 2010.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

I took the test for the CCP, passed, and went to drop off the paperwork at the cop-shop today. The county sheriff here only approves it for hunting, trapping, and target shooting. I asked the deputy at the counter what the mindset behind that was. He says “Well he does this to reduce crime in the area. It‘s worked pretty well so there‘s no arguing the success.”

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

time for a new sherriff. if he is that stupid he has no business in law enforcement.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's enough to pi$$ of the pope! :mad:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Ignorance can be overwhelming at times. I'm sorry for your frustration.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Vote that guy out ASAP.

[​IMG]

6. ElvisIsDead

ElvisIsDead New Member

That's just plain dumb. I own and carry guns to protect myself and my family from bad people who intend to do bad things to myself or someone close to me. No other reason at all. I strongly believe that if every thug on the street thought we Americans all have guns in our house and on our person to protect ourselves against dirt bags like them they might not attempt to attack as many people. These hoods know a Law Enforcement Officer would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt they had no other choice but to shoot. I on the other hand would just have to walk into a court looking feeble and scared saying I'm an old man who feared my life against four 20 year old men. I had no choice but to shoot their gold teeth right out of their head and my exit wound in the back of their head got blood on their blue bandana and I'm truly sorry. I was so scared I didn't realize I shot them six times as they were running away with their pants falling down their underpants. These animals only know one lifestyle, FEAR.

Where is that Sheriff located? He should take a field trip and work one year in Chicago or Brooklyn and see if he feels the same way after doing his time wearing a badge in the jungle. Dumb, just dumb.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Well, we have never had an armed robbery at the shooting range and they don't allow concealed carry, so clearly if we ban concealed carry everywhere we will have no gun crime..... :confused:

8. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

I think Ron White "hit the nail on the head","There ain't no cure for stupid".
    ..Have you considered moving to the REAL--United States of America where the Right To Bear Arms is observed ? Here in the "Land Of The Free",NEVADA,
    we have a "shall issue" clause in our statutes. Darn near every sole has a CCW and is armed on a daily basis.
    Like they say on the ol' Price Is Right show,"COM'on Down " !(to Nevada,that is !)

9. CourtJester

The law changes Iowa to a shall issue state in January which was brought on by tards like this.
    I just can’t seem to fathom the mindset of anyone that thinks restricting the legal citizen’s right to carry for protection against the illegal citizen that would never even apply for a permit, makes any area safer.
    I just can’t figure that train of thought out.

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

In the liberal (stupid) view - the guns themselves cause violence and crime - not the bad guys using them. Be thankful your state went shall issue as you'll have it better than some folks that can't get a permit at all...

11. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

Reapply in a month or so and put down you want it for hunting, target shooting and collecting. It is a stupid policy and that sheriff should be ousted !
    As Clint Eastwood said in A Fistful of Dollars, "You Need A New Sheriff in This Town !"

12. KBlue

KBlue New Member

Sorry to hear about your situation. Is it legal in Iowa to apply for a CCW in a county neighboring yours? The county I live in (Cuyahoga) is also lame when issuing CCW permits. They take as long as legally possible (3-4 months) to issue your permit, and if you live within the city limits of Cleveland you have to register each individual weapon with the local PD. I applied in neighboring Lake county on a Friday and had my permit in hand by the following Friday.

13. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Mecklenburg county; NC

along with stupid;
    I now have to produce my DD214 papers from discharge; about 40 yrs ago. darn, I cannot remember that long ago.

This is to apply for ''re-newal" to my CC permit.:)

hmmm; I was good enough when "I" jumped through the "hoops" the first time; now ''back'' to 'hoop'la

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Hadn't noticed you were from Iowa before. What parts? I'm over in Davenport on the Mississippi.

Sounds like your sheriff is a little ticked that the law changed and wants to throw his weight around as long as possible. Not the kind of guy you want to have in office.

I don't plan on filing for my CCW until January anyway. If you file now and are "awarded", you'll have to re-certify next year under the new law. If you file in January, it's good for 5 years. At least that's my understanding of how it works.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Bird songs....

Once apon a time there was a song I Shot The Sherrif ........:eek::)

16. CourtJester

I'm up in the Cedar Falls area but I run through Davenport on my trips back to visit family.

I took the class a few weeks ago and the instructor said that if you take the class now that you will not have to retake the class. All of the folks that got it a few months ago would have to retake the class but won’t have to do the rang qualifying at the end of the class.

I’ll be at the sheriff’s department on January 1st to my card renewed.

17. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Here in Ky. we have no problems getting CCW as it goes thru our are state police. Good record CCW issued. Owning a fully automatic weapon goes thru the local police though.:) :)

18. Fatso

Fatso New Member

CT varies from town to town. Some towns have different requirements such as 3 letters of recommendation or a written statement on why you want your CCW or even a meeting with the chief of police of resident state trooper. Luckily I am from a small town so mine was seamless. Others in my town have had their permits held til the very last day they could be sent for processing. 8 weeks. I know at least 2 people who called and had to threaten action with the department of public safety to get their permits through. Gotta love it!

19. CourtJester

Damn. I thought my area was bad. That is just stupidly inconsistent stupid.

20. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Just curious, how is your DD214 even relavant to the process? The background check is either clear or it is not. Even if it were an initial application, I fail to see why they would need it.