$100 Mauser

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by zaitsev44, Nov 13, 2012.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I got a email Saturday from a guy wanting to sell me a incomplete Mauser. He hasn't answered back. He came from Armslist. Should I take him up on the deal?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Depends on WHICH Mauser, and just HOW incomplete. I paid less that $100 a few years back for a Turk- one of the ugliest rifles ever born, rough shape- shoots damned good.

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

As C3 said, it depends on which mauser. I was doing a cleanout in a friend's basement a couple years ago, and uncovered one of his dad's old rifles. He is not a gun person, so it was offered to me for $40 and the help with the haul out. Needless to say, I took him up on the offer. I wound up with a 1916 Spanish short rifle that is a little beat up, but is a great shooter. This one is a 7.62 x 51, and now that it is cleaned up (all I had to do was give it a good cleaning and inspection, The basement was very well sealed), I sits in my cabinet alongside my other 1916 Spanish in 7X57. All told, the pair cost me $125. Deals are out there, find out what the one that is being offered is, check it over good, and make your decision then. Best of luck.

4. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

The bad thing is, he hasn't replied, I asked him Sunday what's missing an what model, he still hasn't replied, hat should I do?

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dont worry about it and go on to the next one.

6. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Thats the way its goes sometimes.... I was gonna get a M39 Mosin, but the guy never got back with me....

7. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I'd bag it and move on.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Leave it alone! Many Mausers are availible COMPLETE for a hundred bucks---
    You're beggin for a jabbin IMO-

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Will he get a kiss??

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I agree with C3, it depends I gave less than a 100 bucks for this one a couple years ago..............

Attached Files:

11. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

The thing that's keeping me from telling him no is that it might turn out to be a K98, but I can't be certain.

12. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't stress on it man. If it is meant to be he will contact you. If not, he won't. Keep looking and one will turn up at a decent price at some point. Kinda like how I got my MN 44. A friend of my wife wanted it out of the house, and offered it to her for $50. She called me up, and I came down and scooped it up. The right opportunity will come. Just be patient.