10 mm Glock

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BigQ1911, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BigQ1911

BigQ1911 New Member

What is the best Glock in 10 mm

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Only difference in Glocks is size & capacity - Choose the one that feels best to you :cool:

3. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

A modified 20 with 6" barrel with or without a long slide. Don't bother with the 29 for concealed as you really don't get much advantage over a forty. 10's should be handloaded to reach their potential and they really perform out of a longer barrel. This is definitely not gospel but I believe the 10mm is a better suited as a trail gun. Save the 9's, 40's, 45's and 380's for the silly cwimanals!

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

HUH :confused:

5. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

What's a silly cwimanal?:confused: I'd like to know since carrying a .45 apparently makes me one :(

6. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

I don't understand the question. HUH to the whole statement or just part of it? Factory loaded 10mm kinda stinks and do you want to blow through two or three bad guy's when you pull the trigger? If a guy needs a 10 then a guy needs a 10. If you don't reload, you will not be getting much benefit owning a cartridge that is sometimes hard to find ammo for and the performance of said ammo sucks at best.

7. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

Elmer Fudd. To use on.....I don't recall saying that it makes you one.

8. PlaysWithZombies

Spelling had me worried it was sexual ;)
    And the way you phrased it made it sound like you were saying those are what criminals use

9. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

It must be the fact that I'm at work. Nobody around here (work) knows what the hell I'm talking about either.;) I must be having an allergic reaction. (to work)

10. PlaysWithZombies

lol yeah that'll happen sometimes :D

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Save the 9's, 40's, 45's, and 380's for the criminals??

That doesnt make a bit of damn sense

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Whole thing---
    Now you saying the 10mm sucks at best opens a whole new can of WTF :confused:

13. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I got the Elmer reference but didn't know Glock made a 6" slide for 10mm. I recently saw Cabelas advertise a Hunter model Glock but it was just a regular Glock w 2 barrels; the std and a 6" which just hangs out the front. Is this what you were referring to ?

IMHO: the 10mm is at its best when loaded to near 41 mag performance for hunting. Too much penetration for SD work but Frangible ammo could solve that issue.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Makes sense to me. I believe the key points being...

• Buy a longer barrel to maximize 10mm potential.
    • Avoid the vanilla factory 10mm ammo, as it's nothing more than overpriced 40sw.
    • 10mm makes a good woods gun.
    • 380acp/9mm/40sw/45acp tend to be better choices for carry and home defense.

And I agree with all of the above.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I may have misunderstood

I first took that as "the criminal are the ones that need to carry the 9's, 40's,45's,and 380's"

Then i thought about it and now i think you meant the opposite.. I confused myself, to much caffeine today.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  16. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Please don't pick on old "Notamorman". Hell he lives down in Utah those folks speak a different language. But they are good folks and good shots and mean well.:D

17. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I believe that's what he meant as well.

Only thing to add is changing the factory guiderod and spring to stainless steal. That way, you really don't need to get a 6" barrel (unless you want one).

Also, DoubleTap makes some really good 10mm ammo.

18. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

WTF!!! Maybe I should be more clear.....WTF!!!;) 10mm is my all time favorite pistol cartridge. Most FACTORY 10mm ammo is barely hot .40S&W and therefor bites the big one. There....now I think that's the third time I've said this in one form or another.:rolleyes:
    Exactly! Thanks for articulating my ambiguous comments.

Wolff makes six inch barrels and if you don't like the barrel sticking out of the factory slide on the G20, you can order the long slide. That gets pricey though.

To be more to the point on the OP's question, get the G20 if you really want a 10mm. If you have smaller hands, grip both the 20 and the 20SF and see what feels best. They even have a compensated version.

19. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

EAA has a sweet 6" hunter model but it's more more expensive. Might find a used Colt if your lucky...

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you had stated that the first time you could have saved trying to explain yourself :confused: