10/22 Takedown

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by northhike, Mar 28, 2012.

1. northhike

northhike New Member

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Ruger's site has MSRP at $389. Wonder how long to get one. With Ruger not taking any new orders until they clear the backlog.

3. prepper209

prepper209 New Member

I seen it online this morning looks cool and will fit in a backpack

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I decided to take a look at the selection of firearms at Cheaper Than Dirt website, I review .22LR they had 41 out 143 remaining. The .223 had only 20 remaining out of 298, the rest was "Out of Stock".

The selection for rifles is getting very slim. :(

5. tCan

tCan Active Member

What other rifles? Most of the ones I'm aware of aren't even in production anymore. Except for the 70PSS, that "one pound pack rifle", and maybe one other one. What ones are you thinking of?

As for the Takedown version 10/22, I think the 70PSS still beats it soundly. You can mount a scope on the 70PSS and still weigh less than the Ruger by a half pound.

6. northhike

northhike New Member

You just answered your own question. ;)

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Push 2 captured pins and a S&W 15-22 breaks down. Any AR will for that matter. The Ruger take down needs a 16.5" barrel with a threaded muzzle. Grab a Gun has them in stock for $308+$6 shipping.

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I like the idea. While there might be other 22's that are capable of doing this, it comes with a nice backpack to fit it perfectly and it's a 10/22 so lots of accessories readily available.

9. tCan

tCan Active Member

Strapping up a 10/22 Takedown with lots of gizmos is antithetical.

10. priell3

priell3 New Member

A review by Gunblast:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMWTN-xQo_g&feature=g-all-u&context=G2707c6dFAAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

It's cool, but it's still only a .22 LR and not really to be depended on IMO for what a breakdown rifle would be ideal for. Sadly .22 Mag doesn't function perfectly in auto-loaders, so...

Attached Files:

12. tCan

tCan Active Member

Seriously. These take down rifles are a scam. A Marlin 60 with the stock off is broken down about the same. If you really need a .22 pack rifle, lets talk crickett .22. 2.5 pounds. Single shot. 11.5" LOP. That's what I'm talking about. The 13.5" LOP version still weighs less than 3 pounds. You cant beat that kind of mobility. At least not for the money.

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

.22 Mag -- Twice as Nice At Twice the Price!

I dunno, my .22 Mag version, albeit perhaps pricey, weighs 15 ounces and has a 13-5/8" LOP. Admitedly, it is at one end of the spectrum. The .22 LR is the weakest common round there is. Cheap, accurate, and popular. If I were manufacturing a new little gun that's what I'd make too. And I'd perpetuate the rumor that .22 LR is the best survival round. If a .22 LR as a takedown has some special meaning to you, fine, but I caution readers that there is no reason to have to rely on it in a takedown or any other circumstance, nor should you, if you are looking for a "survival" type gun. That's one of the implied purposes of a take-down arm. Whereas any gun is better than none, that "the .22 LR is the best overall" is parroted nonsense. The .22 Mag is twice as nice* for only twice the price!

*.22 Mag has basically the same features and benefits as the .22 LR but is twice as powerful -- velocity at 100 yards is the same as a .22 LR at the muzzle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  14. tCan

tCan Active Member

Do you ever really expect to shoot it at greater than 75 yards though? Especially without a scope. I'm sorry but I'm not shooting a rabbit at more than 75 yards. Or a deer. It's just not going to happen.