10-22 tactical conversion kit

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by 12fretter, Jul 22, 2011.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I'm thinking of converting my Ruger into a tactical poor mans AR. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive complete kit? How much am I looking at? I've seen them from $90 to $160. Don't know if I want to spend that much. Thanks for any consideration.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

3. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Why? All the cheap black plastic add-on parts don't make it shoot any better than a stock 10-22.

If you really think that you need an AR, save up for a real one or go cheaper with a Mini-14.

4. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Didn't you ever just want to make it look cooler? I'm not trying to make an AR-15 out of a .22. I just love the looks. Isn't that enough of a reason?

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The funny thing is, you pull out of the vehicle at the range and see the range control faces just drop. :D

Me on the other hand, just prefer to purchase another Ruger 10/22 new or used.

6. MLRDist

MLRDist New Member

Leapers carrys a quad rail system that will that is simple to install with your existing stock. It mounts by using the scope mounting points on the reciever and clamps around the barrel in front of the stock. Product number is
    MNT-T228. It changes the look of the rifle and will give you mounting points for a scope, flashlight, lazer and a bipod.

Mark

MLR Distributing

7. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Or...just by an SR22 (Rifle). The ScottWerx Tommy Gun kit is all-metal, by the way.

Regards,

Walt

8. Commocarl

Commocarl New Member

What is wrong with a Mini-14? It it isn't even in the "tacticool" catagory. It's a varmit gun for petes sake.

9. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

10. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

see it all the time at the club lots of add ons rails optics and folding stocks and shooting at 25 yds may be on paper im shooting 100 yds 1-1.25 patterns sported 10-22. and dont forget the bloused pants and camo never know when the zombies may come(want a bayonet for that ruger? it hooks right on to your flash supressor?)

11. dan01

dan01 New Member

I have to laugh at all the negativity towards people that want to own military look a like 22 caliber weapons or dress up their stock weapons with all sorts of accessories......What I do find really funny is the people that modify stock rifles with goofy looking stocks, trigger mods, expensive barrel kits, and very large overly expensive scopes......Most of the people that do this are just copying the big boys just to appear like they are great devoted sharp shooters..;-)

Then again I laugh at anyone that begrudges others for doing things to please themselves.....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  12. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

What are the negative things towards people? I'm not sure what that means, or maybe I should read more of the thread to figure it out.

13. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

Fretter,

If you have the budget, i say do it to the T's if you want. I like the fact that the makers of 22's have acknowledged that some customers want the ability to change up and personalize their products. keep searching the web and you'll find a kit in your price range.

for me, the add on kits are a way to show your individuality.

remember the phrase... "This is my weapon! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"

I have personally heard different customers complain to the sales clerk at local gun shops over the years that they would pull the the trigger on the sale of a weapon if only it came in xxx color (or feature, or a shorter stock, etc). people want what they want.

14. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

I would have to agree 100% to each his/her own! and own it proud! I would have to say that if grown adults would rag on people who trick out their .22 to insight that there merely doing so because their poor or less than is quite childish! But anyways my 10/22 is one of my favorite to shoot,and it's endless fun. It's not my choice rifle to deck out! But I have 100$ optic on it and my AR has the so called cheap man red dot(SPARC) I guess, works well too... but for me personally if I had let's say 500$ to a 1,000$ to spend on anything, it would be a new gun or couple for that matter. But when I do win the lottery I'll have an Aimpoint, Trijicon and all the best for all my rifles, cheap or steep. Love your gun everyone and make it look like you do...:)