10/22 scope

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by LaineC, Mar 22, 2012.

1. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Ok so let me ask yet another question, I'm looking to put a scope on my 10/22 but I'm new to optics, any advice or opinions on what to buy? Thanks!!

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

What are you wanting it for? Hunting? Plinkin? Longish range? Short range? And what is your price range your in on buying said optics.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. LaineC

LaineC New Member

I'd just plink w/ it maybe try some longer range shots but mostly just for plinking fun, I'd like to spend $100.00-$125.00

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Try bushnell banner 4-12x40 and centerpoint 4-16x40 from walmart. They are like $80. 3-9 powered scopes will work also. Just mess around w what you can and see what you like.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

5. Original

Original Member

If you ever spend the $$ an Shepherd scope will amaze you, they are spendy though.

6. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Bsa sweet .22

7. Hunterdan

Hunterdan New Member

+ 1. Couldn't beat the bang for your buck. I'm sure there are better, but for the price its a decent scope.

8. somawas

somawas New Member

Never cared much for the designated 22 scopes by any manufacturer, the level of magnification left a lot to be desired. I like the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20X50mm. Midway may still have them in stock and they were on sale. I ended up paying $134.02, shipping included.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012