10/22 red dot added

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Nov 18, 2011.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Just added a Bushnell TRS-25 to my 10/22 I still need to zero it in, the dot seems a little fuzzy and star like is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. Howdy

Howdy New Member

Howdy,
    I have several red dot sights and sometimes they arent real clear. I wear glasses and I do better without them which seems to clear the dots. Good luck with the sight. Have a goodun!!!!

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you have astigmatism thats how dotsights appear, its normal.

you can tell if its the dot or your eyes by taking a picture through your dot sight. if the pic looks normal like a round dot and the sight while looking through it appears fuzzy or star pattern its your eyes. if both are the same its a malfunctioning sight.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The dot in my trs25 is round. Without my glasses it is fuzzy. Try turning it to a lower power level I run mine on 1 or 2 most of the time.

5. theoatob

theoatob New Member

Ahh I never knew of astigmatism. Thanks, that explains alot!

6. AZchambers

AZchambers New Member

pretty much all cheap red dots will blur lower the power if u can and when u can should help a lil for grouping

also if u want a lil less expensive highquality red dot or any other scope try IJK optics never had a blurring problem or durability problem

droped my saiga of the back of my truck... landed right on its ijk holo sight it was comletely unharmed