Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a work in progress. As pictured it is 4 lbs 8 oz. I am trying to come up with some iron sights but it would be cheaper to carry a spare red dot. A 4x32 scope would bring it to 5 lbs. I got it on paper this morning but the wife was complaining about the heat. Seriously considering a scope despite the added weight. 19" with the suppressor. 18" without. QBD3.jpg QBD4.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The stock is an Archangel QBD. The barrel is a Tacsol SBX. It weighs 15 oz. I have a shotgun sight that fits the barrel but the rear sight needs a higher scope base for the peep to line up. A Simmons 4x32 weighs 8 oz and would bring the weight to 5 lbs. That includes a few items in the butt stock like a bore snake, some small tools and an extra battery. I can put the factory barrel back on if I need to take it someplace I cant take the suppressor.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried shooting iron sights at 50 yards this morning.:( The QBD will be getting a scope. Lightest scope I can find. I can make up for the scope weight with less ammo since I wont be missing as much.

Reactions: MisterMcCool

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the SBX barrel off of the QBD. I was getting a lot of light primer strikes I was not getting with the factory barrel. Put it on this build. No light primer strikes with the V block torqued to 20 inch lbs. 14 inch lbs shot loose. Promag folding stock shortened and opened up for the .920 barrel. Weighs 5 lbs 2 oz with the scope. 4 lbs 8 oz with red dot. Folder 1.jpg Folder 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock in the 1st post. Archangel Quick Break Down stock turns a standard 10-22 into a takedown.

Reactions: Txhillbilly

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Take a look at See All Sight. Made in America. I don't know if a front sight is needed, but don't think so due to its design. Battery not needed. Around $79.

You can even get a Trinium(sp) to see POA in the dark or dimlit forest. On sale right now, Reg $199 for $119.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts