10/22 project.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by bobbyb13, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

I bought a 10/22 from ARnoob. (Nice Guy) I mailed the trigger group off to the StalkingBear. Now the search for a barrell, and stock is on. When I get all the parts I'll run pictures of putting it together, and a range report.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool project. Keep us in the loop. :cool:

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Oh Gowad, Bobby!! Take lotsa pics, please!!

4. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Got the stock

Got lucky on GB and found a walnut sporter/rifle stock. Checkered walnut. Not for a 20 inch sporter barrell. Order a weaver classic 1 inch 2X7 scope.
    Hurry up brown truck.

5. CA357

I love the big brown truck. :D

6. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

I bought a Boyd's Barracuda stock off EBay a few weeks ago unfinished. That's been my project the past week. Came out looking good after 12 coats of finish. My ERSHaw 18" barrel should be here by the end of next week. I'm also getting a titanium extractor for this baby. Check out gunkings.com if you haven't already.

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Bobby, you can check out RimfireCentral.com - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms and find just about anything you can think of for a 10/22. There are guy's that go to the extreme building 10/22's on that site.

8. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Got the trigger.

Still waiting on the Gods to move the people with the barrell, and stock. I really can't say enough about Stalkingbears trigger work. I'll post pictuires and a range report if the dickweeds ever ship the rest of my toys, MUMBLE< MUMBLE< GRUMBLE> CRAP.

9. CA357

That's both good and bad news Bobby. I'm more patient these days, but when a project is being hung up, I tend to get antsy. Keep us in the loop.

10. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

That's a very pretty 10/22 I like the blue and gold. Barrel is pretty unique also, what do you plan to shoot with it? competition? or squirrels? :D

11. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Thanks. As built, silhouette/steel. I can and will change back to the Hogue OM stock on the trips to the woods for squirrels with this one. My other 10/22 rides in a Boyds Blaster with GM heavy, and it can also go back in the factory Ruger target model stock sporting a GM stainless fluted barrel. Quick options for me (us) on both of our 10/22s. It's good to be modular.

12. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still waiting on the ER shaw barrel. Got all the rest. Biatch, grip, grumble, mudder, fuss. The $hitbirds didn't ship it till I called them Monday.

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Should have it by the weekend!!

14. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Bobby,.......... Pictures, pictures, we want pictures (feet stomping, shoe hiting table top).

Ram Rod - how many coats of "clear coat" do have on that stock. It looks great.

Jim

15. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

You'll get a full run of pictures when the rest of the freaking parts show up from the slow A$$ shippers. Mumble, Grumble, grip.

16. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Thank you...my very first attempt at finishing a stock. Twelve total coats on it. I keep looking at it when I have it out and scrutinize it myself. I guess it's good to go for semi-gloss. It actually looks better than my six year old Boyd's pepper laminate finished I got directly from the factory. Now I'm tossing the idea around about refinishing that one for some strange reason.

17. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Ironwood Designs (rifle stocks)

Bob,
    I don't know if this is something that you'd be interested in, but as far as stocks go, it's different.

IWD1022

;)

18. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Yeah, it's pretty fun and quite rewarding to see the end product of refinished wood furniture. When I did some AK furniture, I put three coats of clear finish on. It turned out pretty well. It's not the best quality photo, but what do you think?

Attached Files: