10/22 extraction problem.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by DarinCraft, Jan 12, 2011.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I am still building my order list and thought there might be a part I need for my 10/22.

It ejects fine, but it will not extract. Do I need a new extractor? I noticed it after I put the bull barrel on it, but for the life of me I can't remember if this was a problem with the factory barrel.

Thanks

2. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

I don't own a 10/22 but some common items to check when extraction issues start are the chamber, extractor and extractor springs. I would start with making sure the chamber is clean and free of any defects. After that I would make sure the extractors are not being obstructed by any carbon or junk around them or in any notch or groove they may have to use during extraction. If these are not a problem I would then buy the extractor and springs.

3. safedman

safedman New Member

Take a look and ensure the extractor alings properly with the ejector groove, and ensure you don't have powder buildup in the groove preventing full engagement under the case lip. I had an issue with extraction and ordered a comp extractor from Clark Custom. Problem solved

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

thanks guys, I'll strip it down and take a look at it again.

5. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

If you had the bolt clearenced for minimum headspace, the stock extractor either has to be modified or get a Volquartzen, it will solve the problem if everything else mentioned looks OK

John K

6. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

thank you very much