10/22 carbine for 130$

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Demonlx, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

Did I get a good deal or how much does one run for nowadays?..I have a bit of rust on the barell though...I bought the gun off if my boss but he keeps saying he gave me a great deal and that it's worth 4 times that price but I never paid more than a 150$ out of all the 22's that I have had....To sum it up how what does a old 10/22 carbine go for because I see a wide price range for them?

2. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Yes if all it has is a little rust on the barrel and u paid 130bucks for it!

3. Brother_COM

Brother_COM New Member

I would have bought it too!
    Glen;)

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's a great buy. I'll give you $140 right now.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Got a picture to share? I doubt it's worth 4x the cost but when I saw this post I was hoping it was to a store selling a 10/22 for $130 so I could buy one too!

6. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

It definitely is NOT worth 4x that amount, but you did get a good deal. I just saw them brand new in the store yesterday for $200. It was on sale and was actually even cheaper than the youth model which was $230. For what you paid, i wouldve bought it too. As long as there is no rust in the bore, it will be a great shooter. Ive shot 10's of thousands of rounds through mine and it is still as accurate as the day i got it. Its damn near impossible to wear the barrels out. And the rest of the rifle is pretty much indestructible too. Got a real heavy trigger from the factory but the aftermarket can help that. Congrats

7. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

I am not a Big Spender I will give you $140.50 cents, enjoy the rifle! Cliff

8. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

Not a great picture because it's off of my phone but I'll post a better one here in a few.

image-2984717923.jpg

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

If it has a or atleast had a nice peice of wood on it and no barrel band your boss may have paid a fair amount higher price new that the run of the mil $185 dollar base rifle but never ever 4x more.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Yeah, the guys are right about that, 4x more is ridiculous.

If they are going for $200:eek: new in other places, you got a great deal...buuuut...at the world of wally here in NC, they can be had for $117 last I looked...:cool:

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That looks like an early 10-22 with a walnut sporter stock with English straight grip. In top shape it could go for $300 but it is not in top shape. It is on the rare side. By the way, I have seen brand new take off barrels for as little as $10.

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Vincent unless your wally world sells used firearms ,go look again. 117dollars!!!!!

jtj That was a nice stock at one time. No used what would be called a beater now is worth over 150 bucks and many now go for 125 or a bit less Still for a good price and some tlc sanding and stock oil it may look good again.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  13. vincent

vincent New Member

Found receipt...correction...$217...sorry, my bad...

Edit-I may have quoted the $117 price in another thread or two and I was mistaken...don't know where I got $117 from...apologies.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  14. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

Some more pictures and one that shows the amount of pitting and rust it has....Sorry it's in sections because I have to get close for better pictures...This iPhone sucks at taking pictures.

Attached Files:

15. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

Btw she shoots like a charm but jams about every 100 rounds mostly slamming the spent shell in the breach..."stove piping"....But other then that it's a great gun...My boss's dad gave it to him 4 years ago and he never took good care of it..He left it in the garage and never shot or cleaned it out of the 4 years he had it...I figured I would give it a good cleaning and a good home :)

16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

That is a plain jane model thats had the band area of the stock cut off. Learn to take it all apart completely, barrel from reciever and trigger parts and clean it well inside and out. You could use some very fine ss wool and kroil oil to try to clean the rust off the barrel . Use a some breakfree clp for oil on it.

17. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

The jams you are experiencing most likely are coming from the mag or the ammo. I can get those jams in mine but only when running the banana mags with cheap remington bulk pack ammo. I got a lot of duds too. I switched to the federal bulk packs from walmart and havent had a single failure of any kind in about 1500 rounds so far. But i also havent shot any through the banana mags either and i know the springs in mine are worn. Try switching to different ammo (the federal is same price as remington i believe and far better quality) and cleaning your mags. I dont think they come apart but a spray cleaner sprayed in, shook around, and then turn upside down to drain out. Keep doing it till it runs back out clean/cleaner than it was. Allow to dry before shooting again. 22's are really dirty. You dont want all that crud sticking to moisture inside the mags that you just cleaned...

18. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

It says it's a 10/22 carbine above the serial # but I have no idea about these guns...I have shot it a bit in the last week though(probably 1000 rounds through it this week) so I'm going to give it a good cleaning like you said..I'm sure this will be the first time it's ever been cleaned...How do people just let a gun rust away in a car garage and not care!!!..I guess some people just don't like guns like we do :)

19. Carpshooter

Carpshooter New Member

You did just fine and my bid is $ 140.51 ! :rolleyes: