Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a ruger 10/22. I pulled out the bolt hold open lever and ground out the inside of the heart so it was flat. Put everything back together and I still have to hit the little lever to release the bolt. Any ideas what I did wrong or didn't do?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. I watched a how to video and that's all they did to mod it. Maybe I missed something.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well....I just rewatched a couple videos, pulled everything out and double checked my work. Needless to say, im stumped. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went back in and ground just a hair more to give it a D shape. Works perfect now, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I would love a good picture. That is my one complaint on the 10/22. That little bigger can be a pita to operate.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its really not hard to do. I can get you a pic. Ill take the piece out tomorrow and post a pic here

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I actually found the link. Thanks for the offer. No need. Great mod man. Can't believe I didn't know about it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's pretty much how mine looks after the mod. You only need a little arch at the top to make a "D". Great, simple mod, I don't know why Ruger doesn't do this from the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts