10/22 barrel up grade

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by powg, Jan 27, 2011.

1. powg

powg New Member

I just started up grading my 10/22.Installed the blackhawk axiom stock ,need recommendations on barrel .Whats the best aftermarket blued threaded .920 or medium barrel for money ... Will be using hyper velocity ammo .Doesnt have to fluted .Also need better scope base ..picatinny rail /weaver type .

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Kidd, Green Mountain, Shilen, Lilja, Hart, Whistle Pig, and Voquartson all make great barrels. I'd recommend you steer clear of Butler Creek, Clerke, and other cheaper brands.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Quoted for truth...I've seen a few Butler Creek bbls that just didn't live up to expectations. Green Mountain I see as one of the best buys for the buck. They are not all that expensive and work very well.

5. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

If you plan on packing your 10/22 for hunting i would recomend you look at Volquartsen Carbon Barrels. I built a all steel bull barrel 10/22 and it was heavy and not balanced well to me, front heavy. I like shooting off hand so just a sugestion. Very accurate.

The Volquartsen is the one on top
    Magnium research on the bottom

[​IMG]

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Tactical Solutions also has some great barrels,and they are lite weight.

7. powg

powg New Member

10/22

Thanks guys ...all are around the same price /quality. Was thinking of going threaded for future class 3 can . the tax plus the hassle may not be worth it ,unless i have my mk2 target threaded also.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

+1 to this.