1 in 7 twist m4 barrel

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kiabe1, Jan 10, 2014.

1. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Hi all i'm looking for a good quality 1 in 7 twist 16 in m4 barrel. What are your suggestions

2. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Are you looking for just the barrel or a whole upper already assembled?

3. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Just the barrel

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

5. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

already threaded. 1/2x28

im using one in my carbine. if your getting one also get a charging handle in their gunfighter series small medium or large my pref is medium. and one of their superb bcg.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Upper-Receiver-Bolt-Carrier-Parts-s/2.htm

not the barrel i linked is a middy not a carbine.

my pref is for midlength in a 16inch barrel it replicates the smooth impulse of a 20 inch barreled rifle. i think the carbine length is too harsh and more difficult to control than a good setup using a middy or rifle length.

if you want carbine length (bleh) you give up hammer forged and the smoother recoil impulse. for a shorter less useful handguard length. cost in weight is maybe an ounce or so savings on a carbine length. maybe less depending on the handguard used.

my wife had a carbine length gas system tried mine and asked me if i could make hers more fun to shoot like my carbine was...

she could tell the diff and doesnt really know anything about ar15 other than how fun they are

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I got my Daniel defense chf m4 profile barrel from Brownells for about $280ish after shipping. Its 1:7 twist.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app

8. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

And you get the chf from dd in a carbine length if that's what your looking for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app