1,500 People go to girls party...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I guess this happened in Germany...
    Facebook party spins out of control - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

A teenage girl in Germany who forgot to mark her birthday invitation as private on Facebook fled her own party when more than 1,500 guests showed up and around 100 police officers, some on horses, were needed to keep the crowd under control.

This is what got me..
    I wanna be a German police officer..... :cool:

2. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Yet another good reason to avoid Farcebook........ ;)

3. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

This is yet another reason why social networking is now becoming more of a hindrance and a danger to people than a benefit to the world.

4. Rmason2008

Rmason2008 New Member

I don't know about that. Social media is an incredible tool for people and businesses alike. It has revolutionized the way people communicate and the way that businesses advertise.

Saying that any social media is a hindrance to the world is the same as saying that cars or guns are bad because people are killed using them. The real issue is negligence. Any activity one is involved in can have an unwanted outcome due to negligence.

We can't blame Facebook or guns or cars for things that go bad. If you do something stupid, bad stuff happens. That's the bottom line.