1.5 Liter Soda Philosophy?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ninjatoth, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I see that you can now buy a large 1.5 liter soda vs. what was previously available in either a 1 liter or 2 liter.Why?Is this to downsize a 2 liter to make us healthier,or is this to replace the 1 liter so we now drink more?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What is the price difference? I wonder if it's less pop for the same price. A money making scheme for the manufacturers?

3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I think it was $1 at walmart,my gf got it there to my disappointment .Devilmart.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh my God. That is Charles Bronson. The toughest man on the planet. Charles Bronson is what Chuck Norris aspires to be.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I was just sitting here trying to figure out who that was, gave up and scrolled down the page. Thanks McCool :)

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

That's right..they say that Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Charles Bronson at night. :eek:

7. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Its just like the 1.5 quart "Half-gallon" of ice cream.

8. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Whoa people. Stop right there. Chuck Norris doesnt aspire or check under his bed for anyone. Chuck is the man. Best you learn this well. ;)

Oh yeah 1.5 litre soda. I dont drink very many so when I want one its usually a Mt. Dew in a can. Other than that I dont really care what they put soda in.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Philosophic-ally speakin , So doth not , your cup runneth over-eth.....! Silly :D

10. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I agree with Winds, it is probably price related...you can feel you are getting more for your money, but really you are getting less soda :rolleyes: That is my guess anyway.

11. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I'm sure Chuck and Charles would have been good friends,and no issues-as long as Chuck didn't cross Bronson.

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I find such "single-serving" sizes convenient! And weren't Charles and Chuck aquaintances through colleague Kevin Bacon? Bacon...

...breakfast time!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  13. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Reduce size.
    Maintain price point.
    Increase profit.
    Simple.

Oh yes. Place "SALE" sign on pallet.

14. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Or vice versa but your right charles is a nice little feller Im sure Chuck would have been ok with him hanging around.

15. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Hard to compare a man that took out 50 bikers with a 475 Wildey magnum and 1919 machine gun in Death Wish 3 Vs. a man that took out like 50 ninja's with his bare hands in The Octagon :p

16. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

yes. :) package downsizing is the newest way to raise prices. Everyone notices the extra $.25 you have to pay for something but hardly anyone notices that a "pound" of coffee is now 13 ounces or a "quart" of juice is now 28 oz, etc. What's the cost of the new size...bet that the per oz. cost is higher than before.