01 to 07 Switch

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by beckstactical, Dec 8, 2010.

1. beckstactical

beckstactical New Member

Again I searched for this and maybe it's somewhere already discussed but here goes anyways. Has anyone switched from a 01 Dealer to a 07 Manufacturer? I'm not sure what's involved and my ATF Investigator hasn't returned my calls. Will I have to stop sales and transfers during this time or is it business as normal? What are the pros and cons?

I have looked around and not found much manufacturer information in reference to firearms other than having your info on FFL parts and receivers.
    So any advice you guys have will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. beckstactical

beckstactical New Member

Wow 35 views and no replies. This is a first. I always like a good puzzle. Well if anyone does come up with a few opinions on the matter let me know.

Thanks

3. Straight_Shooter

Straight_Shooter New Member

An 07 is only needed if you are making gun parts, turning parts into completed guns for sale or altering firearms for sale. Licenses are not converted. To get an 07 you just apply like you did with your 01. If you still are buying and selling as well as manufacturing you will need both.

4. beckstactical

beckstactical New Member

Thank you. I did get a call back from my Inspector. She did advise me the same info. Again I appreciate the reply.