Xmas present I won over my anti-gun mother in law

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Gert999, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

My mother in law never cared for guns, her sister almost got shot by a drunk ex husband. She never got on my case about my guns, "once shown they were all secured". We were talking on x-mas and she's finnaly gonna come to the range with the family and me :D She even got me a gun case for x mas wich is way better then the usual shaving kit :cool: can't wait for spring to show her how much fun firearms can be ;)

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

be responsible and start her out by showing her and explaining the rules of safety. being responsible and putting safety first will improve her reaction to firearms.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Kool- one little step at a time ;)

4. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

As much fun as it is to give a MIL a .357 mag slipped in when you have them shooting .38's, keep her shooting the smallest caliber you have till she is hooked.

Leave the wife at home

Have fun

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

please dont let her shoot anything but a 22lr rifle or 22lr decent sized handgun like a ruger mk3 or something along those lines. nothing unpleasent. letting a new person shoot a 500sw or a small pocket rocket like a lcr/lcp as their first experience confirms that guns are "bad" in their limited experience

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Probably very sound advice, this!

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Also ask if after shooting a 22 a bit if she cares to try an AR. That's the rifle that converted my wife. Good luck

8. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

As much fun as it is to give a MIL a .357 mag slipped in when you have them shooting .38's, keep her shooting the smallest caliber you have till she is hooked

Most def first thing i told her was i already have enough safty gear for everybody, and she has 2 .22 rifles and a .22 revolver till she is ready for something bigger :D