XDS issue poll

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by niteglock, May 24, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I want to start a poll about problems with the XDs. If anyone here owns or has owned one please state your issue if you had one. If you guys have or had one please give a thumbs up if you like(d) it. I'm trying to convince myself to get one for conceal carry but keep reading about bad problems with it. This will help.me decide. Thanks.

2. refugeepj

refugeepj New Member

mine took a little time to break in, edc now. trust it and it is very accurate, hides well.

3. niteglock

niteglock New Member

How was it shooting before break in. Any failures or light strikes?

4. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Haven't had a any problems with mine yet but haven't had much range time with it.. Ate cheap blazers like it was nothing tho.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My issue is that they are not legal to sell in my state.
    I have no further input.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No issues with mine , 250 rds down the pipe and it eats everything from steel cased crap , brass and hornaday HPs

7. xdsman

xdsman New Member

I just noticed my lci is not popping up when a round is chambered anyone else have this issue?

8. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Had two issues in 500ish rounds, both shooter error not weapon error. It's a great little gun. Only sold it as I had a buddy that really wanted it and the LGS had a New Agent that I really wanted. I'll more than likely replace it in the near future, but may switch to the 9mm.

9. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

About 800 rounds in an no issues. Carry it everyday. Love it

10. xdsman

xdsman New Member

Okay so the LCI problem fixed its self the critical defense ammo was not setting well in the chamber.

11. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

100% reliable from day one, having had it now for going on 3 months. Has had about 400 rounds through it to date. Moved it to CCW duty just recently.

12. refugeepj

refugeepj New Member

when I started with her she would occasionally not return to battery and if I didn't notice would give me light primer impact. If I remember correctly I ran my dremel in the chamber and over the feed ramp just a little and problems evaporated. pistol is with me daily now and is fired whenever I go to the range, at least a few. totally reliable and carries well. accuracy has always been very good.

13. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

What state are you in? Can't imagine the configuration of the XD-S not being legal with the low ammo capacity.

14. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

Going to guess Cali. My case was stamped " not legal in California "

15. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

Ammo capacity is but one of a number of "jump through the hoops" requirements that some states require manufacturers to do prior to allowing the firearm to be sold in the state. California and Minnesota are a couple that come to mind. The manufacturer has to submit a butt load of paperwork showing how a specific model meets the requirements. Minnesota has some rather strange requirements in regards to the melting point of the frame, etc. (something about not allowing the "Saturday night specials" to be sold in the state. If I recall correctly, California requires the manufacturer to submit another run of paperwork if the model previously evaluated was for a blue slide and now they are offering it in stainless steel. Gotta love the red tape!

So anyway, the # of bullets in the magazine is typically one of many things that anti-gun states throw up as road blocks.

16. young88

young88 New Member

Its perfect, powder river made a new trigger spring to lighten up the pull, guns great i only need one shot, its a .45. Also have extra magazines for quick reloads .

17. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Thanks for the details! Had no idea about the other stuff.

18. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

No issues w mine, I'm very happy w it and carry it most of the time.

19. xdsowner98

xdsowner98 New Member

After 500 rounds or so I have bad on one issue maybe two. The first was a split casing that became wedged in the chamber but was due to cheap ammo and not the guns fault. I would prefer a smoother grip texture for extended rage periods but that is a small issue as my wallet seems to take the brunt of the pain before my hand does :/

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've had mine for almost a year now. Not sure how many rounds through it...well over 500 though, with all sorts of ammo.

Zero problems, zero complaints. Carried often.

I recommend the S&W Shield too, which I also had. Just didn't appreciate the tiny thumb (or thumbnail) safety so much.