would our forefathers approve of ar 15'?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by molonlabexx, Apr 19, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Today while speaking in a group, I was asked by a lady if the fore fathers would have approved of civilians owning ar 15 rifles. She continued to say that it isn't right that we match our military and police in firepower. Correcting her that the military and leos have select fire rifles, I continued by saying that we matched our military in the 1700's and so in. The " assault rifles" were a musket, they thought that was high tech. Obviously the fore fathers' standard was military match grade. I completely agree that they would approve of these rifles. If only we could resurrect them... stay vigilant

gun-control-works-great-if-youre-the-one-who-controls-the-guns.jpg

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool New Member

Yes.......

Attached Files:

3. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

LMFAO. Best PICTURE ever.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

without a doubt, yes they would approve of us the citizens owning AR's.

people who believe the 2nd amendment is outdated and no longer needed are the ones who fail to understand the true meaning of the 2nd. they envisioned a government that had less power than the citizens and wanted the citizens to always have that ultimate power over the government, hence the 2nd amendment. it was put into place to limit the power of our government over the people.

if i had to hazard an opinion, i feel they would actually want the citezens better armed than the government.

5. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

Because they were intelligent and and understood " Absolute power corrupts. Power corrupts absolutely."

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The 2nd Amendment was written so that We the People could defend ourselves against a tyrannical government. At the time, the weapon of choice was the musket. Today it is the AR-15. Would our founding fathers approve of us having these guns? Your damn straight they would. It makes absolutely no sense to say the 2nd Amendment covers AR-15s, machineguns, ect. After all, our military and government is using these things, how do you expect us to resist a tyrannical government if we are limited to bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns?

7. Axxe55

it comes down to the most fundemental part of the 2nd amendment, "Shall Not Be Infringed" is the part that is the most important.

why did they make the 2nd so short and sweet when the others were pretty much longer and detailed? my explaination is this. our founding fathers were very intelligent men, who could somewhat foresee that technology would improve an knowing that, they knew weapons would evolve as well. so therefor they made the 2nd as simple as possible to be able for all free citizens to own whatever they so chose to.

8. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

Remember the Redcoats thought it unfair that marksmen with rifled Pennsylvania flintlocks were taking out the officers and non-coms from distance muskets could not reach.

Does that equate to anything today our military is trained in ?

If our Founders would be opposed to a citizen having an AR today wouldn't they have been opposed to the "unfair" sniper rifles of 1776 ?

I think NOT !

9. vincent

vincent New Member

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...Go ask Tack how he feels about that...:cool:

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Of course they would

MSreYxeNjr15cgy3n9HfFF3Ro1_500.jpg

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Thomas Jefferson would have wanted us to have full auto,

no registration, no CCW permits.

WHY did YOU think they are trying to write him out of

the history books?

The average child today doesn't even know we have

a CONSTITUTION, let alone what's in the Bill of Rights.

12. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

The problem is that Citizens have not been equally matched to LEO's and Military since the NFA of '34. It got even worse with the Firearm Owners Protection Act in '86(what a play on words that is) that banned any newly manufactured full autos from being sold to Citizens.
    In a perfect World every Citizen in Boston would have been armed and brought the bad guy in and there'd have been no need for Military Style LEO's to do the job.
    When you give up your Right to defend yourself you create a vacuum that will be filled with government types to do the job for you. That's fine as long as you have a government you can trust. Unfortunately I stopped trusting the government quite a few years ago.

13. KG7IL

KG7IL New Member

Of course they would want us (We the People) to have the same firepower that our government had.

There is little doubt that wanted us to be in a position to overthrow a Tyrannical government.

14. Axxe55

well said Frank! very well said.:D

15. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Just speaking my mind pard.:D I just think it's sad that "We The People" have gotten to the place in time where we totally accept Armored Police Transports and scores of Heavily Armed LEO's roaming the streets as something "normal" in our day to day life if they happen to be looking for someone.
    It scares me to death to see 9000 LEO's armed with full auto Assault Weapons in body armor looking for one, 19 year old kid who'd been wounded and was in all likely hood dead or dying.
    My God, what would they do if a few of us refused to give up our guns after a firearms ban, I guess Drone Strikes would be "normal" and accepted by most of you in order to bring all of us "criminals" who wouldn't give up our guns to justice.
    Things have gotten too much out of hand in our Country, our government it totally out of control and WE, the Constitutional Loving, Bill of Rights believing Gun Owners are the "Enemy" as far as they're concerned.
    It's only a matter of time before they roll out armored transports and mass numbers of LEO's to take us down.:(

16. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I agree with all of you. Our forefathers were so worried about tyranny in the future. So they would want RESPONSIBLE people to have a matched firepower with our feds and military.

17. Axxe55

i see i am not alone in my viewpoints and opinions on this! makes me proud that others see what i see, and feel the same as i do. that our Constitutional rights are paramount of the government and that the 2nd amendment was put into place to limit the power of that government.

i feel that many LEO's and soldiers will defy any unconstitutional law or order and side with citizens when the time ever comes when the government feels the need to further trample our rights and freedoms. i feel that no matter what the government may try, that through peaceful protest and our numbers, we will prevail and win.

18. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Amen brother. Stay vigilant!

19. Axxe55

always! even though we have won a small victory in the senate, we need to still be prepared for some sneaky and devious measures from our current adminstration.

yes quite true, we need to remain vigilant and on our toes and continue the the fight for rights and freedoms.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Yes.

If for no other reason than squirrel control; nobody likes a loud-mouthed rodent eating all their nuts.