Who's dumber? Me or DicksSportingGoods?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mbcoulter, Dec 7, 2009.

1. mbcoulter

mbcoulter New Member

Hello everyone,

1st post here. I've owned a stock 10/22 for years and have a lot of fun with it. I'm safe the the rifle, but by overall firearms knowledge is limited.

Soooo.....

I went to Dicks this evening and ask for help picking out a scope for my 22. I got home and actually read the plastic blister pack the new bushnell scope came it and saw in big letters SHOTGUN SCOPE. :eek:

What I have is an unopened Bushnell Banner 2-7x36 and Millett .22 caliber scope rings. Should I bring them back and ask to talk with a salesman (excuse me sales person...) who is old enough to buy adult beverages?

Or is there any chance this will actually work with the 10/22?

Oh, and back to my original question who is more dumb? The sales person or me???

:-/

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. CA357

CA357 New Member

I don't know if it will work or not, but why not have the correct one? Take it back and get a rimfire scope.

The salescritter should have read the package. Next time, you read the package too. Live & learn, we all make mistakes. ;)

Head over to the New Member Introductions section and introduce yourself to the gang when you get a chance.

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Shotgun scopes are generally the same as rifle scopes, the difference being the parallax is usually set @ 50yds on shotgun scopes, the same distance as most rimfire scopes and more appropriate for a .22 than the 150yd parallax setting on most rifle scopes.
    Rimfire scopes generally have a shorter eye relief and Ive found it difficult to mount them in a comfortable position on the rifle.
    Take it back if you want, but if you like the recticle(crosshair)pattern, the shotgun scope will work just fine.
    ----------.02 Gate

Oh and I would wager you are still smarter than the salesman.:D