Who likes CZ handguns? I just got one.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Txhillbilly, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

My buddy has had this CZ 40 B at his shop for a while,someone traded it in on a Glock.I've looked at it a couple times,and thought it was a well made pistol.Nice and tight fit between the frame and slide,and this gun hasn't been shot much at all.
    Well,I just had to buy it today.I've never had a 40 cal pistol before,and so I'll try this one.
    It is a double action,10rd mags,and has nite sights(Novak style).The trigger has a very long pull-I'll have to get use to it,but is not real heavy.
    The only thing that I don't like about it,It's a PIA to take down,it took two of us to figure out how to get the slide release pin out.It won't come out if you line the marks up,you have to pull the slide about a 1/2" farther before the slots line up to get the pin out.

I've been told that CZ pistols are good shooting guns.I'm going to go to the indoor range in a few days,and try it out.It's just too hot outside right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I heard nothing but good things about 'em TX.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member

Congratulations. It should be a great pistol for you. :cool:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Those that I've had, I really liked. (I think you will too)

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I have an old CZ model 70 7.65mm (.32acp) made in 1974.
    It's my only CZ right now, but I love it, wish I had more CZ's

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've got a 75b. Nothing fancy, just a plain old service 9mm. But that darn thing seems to make a convert out of anyone who runs a mag through it. Simple, balanced, accurate, nice trigger. They sure do make a nice 9mm at a great price.

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Nice pistola, Tx. I had one of the Canadian import CZ75's back in the '80's. Green krinkle paint finish (like a Steyr GB). It had the slickest DA trigger of any semi auto I've ever tried. Sold it, and have spent 20 years looking to replace it. Ha.

CZ makes awesome guns.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Nice pickup, THB!

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I like them, great solid built frame, good trigger, good hand fit, non-picky diet of lead, and priced reasonably. Just an all around solid shooter and performer. :cool:

10. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

I am a CZ fan also.I have a cz 75 compact.its been 100% right out of the box.

pete

11. Westy

Westy New Member

I have a similar CZ, a P40, otherwise known as a "frankengun". I don't have picture with me now but will post one later.

Great shooter though!

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

i have a cz97bd. cz are head shoulders above glocks. after the BD i purchased a cz550 in .458lott and a cz ringneck sidexside in 12ga. i think you got the better end of the deal than the guy who got the glock.

13. tekarra

tekarra New Member

I am one of those who should have bought a 40B when they were cheap and readily available.

14. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

beautiful gun, I have a Cz-75b and a cz-82 that are great well built guns. Cz is a great firearms company.

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats on the new cz.
    My next purchase is going to be a Shadow.
    Just cant save the $$ fast enough...stupid bills[​IMG]

16. avordman

avordman New Member

I have a CZ-40P and an SP01 Tactical. Love them both and wouldn't part with them.

17. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I have a CZ52 in 7.62x25 and I love it.
    I'd like to get a newer model this year. I like to pick up a RAMI.

18. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

Nice find, the gun looks like it's in excellent, practically new condition. If I remember correctly, from what I've read on the 40B it was supposedly built as a DA/SA version of the 1911.

Like Biohazurd, I own a 75B (matte stainless 9mm) and a recently purchased CZ82 in 9mm Makarov. Both guns have been excellent and accurate shooters, although the 82 has only 200-250 rounds through it. I believe the CZ82 was unfired until it was sold as a surplus weapon here in the US and I'm just the second owner. The 75B was purchased used at local gun store but appeared to have very little use as well.

Excluding the Check military arsenal it belonged to before being sold as surplus. The friend I bought my 82 from also has the CZ52 in 7.62x25mm Tokarev.

I can post several pics of the 82 and 75B if you want to see them.

19. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

Congratulations - it looks like a new gun.

I love my CZ 75b Compact.

[​IMG]

Never a problem.

I liked it so much I ordered a CZ 85 Combat last week.

I can't wait to shoot it.

:cool:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  20. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Only those that have the DW (Dan Wesson) on them.