Who else is snowed in??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Jan 30, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Started snowing last night, woke up this morning to 3 1/2" and it's still coming down. It's mixed with sleet right now and the sleet is suppose to continue thru the day and then more snow tonight. I was suppose to work but my wife won't let me go anywhere because it's only suppose to get worse and icey so I'm stuck at home. What sucks is I can't even work on my machining projects because I can't get to the shop!

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'm at work, and have been doing donuts on the ice in my golf cart! We got 1/2" of ice, and around 2" of snow last night! Woo-Hoo!

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

What are you a mall cop or something?

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I prefer "Mall Ninja". No, I'm a government contractor on a federal facility that doesn't allow personal vehicles, so they issued us golf carts! Mine will do about 20 mph!

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Gas or electric?

6. opaww

opaww New Member

I am snowed in...got about 5" right now

7. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Electric. It's a Yamaha. I dont know what model, but it's fun as hell right now. I haven't had this much fun (with my clothes on) in years!

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

We can supe that thing up....:D

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I am snowed in and trapped...stuck...I mean spending quality time, with my wife. I will be out shoveling snow for most of the morning. :( :)

Jack

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Isn't that what I said??

11. Old Sarge

Old Sarge New Member

In North Central Arkansas, we have about 9" on the ground. Not much ice underneath, that we can tell. But I can tell you, very very few are on the road this morning.

12. kodiak1973

kodiak1973 New Member

Got about 4 inches of snow with a little ice outside. Guess I'm stuck too.

13. stalkingbear

stalkingbear New Member

We're not snowed in-we have my 4x4 (lifted,big tires) truck to use. I have to take my daughter to work in a couple hours, then go pick her up 3-4 hours after that. The snow doesn't bother me-it's meeting people on this skinny country road when you can't see the centerline or the edges of the road.

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I feel for all y'all,,, it's about 35 degrees here with a high of 52 today and the sky is clear and bright no clouds .. beautiful day ... think I'll go to the range after work.... oh, sorry y'all are snowed in. :cool::D

15. Duddn

Duddn New Member

Had plans to travel to Louisiana for the weekend but with all the ice Arkansas got I would be lucky to make it to fayetville.

16. suprdave

suprdave New Member

You DO NOT want to travel through Arkansas today! It's starting to melt where I'm at, but Fayetteville is still covered!

17. Duddn

Duddn New Member

That's what they are saying. I have relatives in Fayettville and they said it is down right treacherous.

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Well, now that I have lost my keys in the snow(sometime last night) I have to go out and get a new house key 7 spare truck key cut. Bear, I'm with you. I wasn't worried about me but my wife wouldn't have it & it wasn't worth the arguement. I just checked the roads out front and they are fine. Give it a couple hours with the temps dropping and they'll be an icey mess.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

In Northwest AR we have about 1" of ice with 8" of snow on it. I tested out the trailblazers 4wd this morning. :D

20. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

That's why I like the Tacoma Wa. area..

Dont have to shovel rain !!:D