Where to find new revolver grips for Tanfoglio

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Hectocotylus, Jan 13, 2013.

  1. Hectocotylus

    Hectocotylus New Member

    My brother has a Tanfoglio .22 revolver. I know it isn't worth much but I thought I would look around for some cool grips for it. The factory ones are plastic and look kinda dumb. Does anybody know a revolver with the same size grips so that I have a wide variety of places to look? I can't find any places with Tanfoglio stuff. I know they are not exactly widespread, so any help is appreciated.
  2. dwmiller

    dwmiller Active Member

    The easiest answer is to take it to a gunsmith that builds grip and have him make you a set.

    If you are interested this type of project is well within the skills of most amatures. Try it yourself. Go to a fancy woodworking shop with your grips in hand. Pick out something that looks cool and spend a couple hours with file and sandpaper. Like you said its not a high dollar gun what fo you have to loose...