What not to do at boot camp.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by saviorslegacy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I just recently graduated from boot camp in Great Lakes IL. The experience was hardening and maturing but at other times amusing. So the other day I was thinking about all of the things not to do that others or myself done while in boot.

#1 Just because they are wearing khakis does not mean they are a Chief.

#2 Sleeping in the stalls while it may effective, it is not advised.

#3 DO NOT LOCK YOUR KNEES!!!!!!

#4 When you pass out from locking your knees and knock a tooth out do not put it in your pocket, that is considered gear adrift.

#5 Never call the LCPO a Petty Officer unless you want to die.

#6 If the Petty Officer walks into the head during holiday routine and you are bare ass naked and dripping wet from the shower you just took do not pop to attention, you just look dumb.

#7 The gas chamber sucks, it sucks even worse when you lie and say you don't have pneumonia.

#8 Try not to stay up past taps..... so good night. Add your humorous mistakes or the mistakes of others during your boot.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Dont laugh at the DI regardless of how ridiculous his screaming antics are. It isnt funny after that. Or at least you cant let on it really is heh

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

don't get drunk on a weekend pass, having people yell at you while hung over is just hell

4. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

Weekend pass at BOOTCAMP...WTF?

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Lessons learned- Army Basic Training- YEARS ago........

1. Never say "Sir" to a Sgt.

2. There is nothing "restful" about the Front Leaning Rest position.

3. A ball point pen showing in your pocket is "wear of unauthorized decoration".

4. When a rifle, pistol or ANY item with a serial number is handed to you, imagine it has become part of your body until you give it back to whoever gave it to you.

5. Take care of your feet. Seriously.

6. If you can be seen, you can be hit. This also applies to in-ranks inspections.

7. Never miss a chance to eat, sleep, or pee.

8. Learn how to sew.

9. Packages of edible things from home are shared.

10. No matter how tough it is, several million other people have done it.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Don't be first, Don't be last and don't volunteer.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

If a weapon comes with a convienant carrying handle that handle should never be used for its intended purpose.

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Exactly my thoughts. Yes, never Volunteer :eek:

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Don't put on the DI's brown round to pose in infront of all your buddies to look cool.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Jon- do you mean that the Manual of Arms does not include the command "Suitcase..... Arms!" ???

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Do not try to run away from bootcamp while I'm on fireguard duty. I'm going to bed in a few minutes, just wait! :mad:

But no, your dumb butt had to try and leave. That's why Me and four buddies chased you nearly a mile and drug your dumb butt back. :mad:

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yes and that is experience talking

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

When your DI ask you why you joined the Army NEVER ever say "The college money".

90% of my platoon in basic did that. They separated them and took them out back and "TALKED" to them. I responded with "To go to someone else's country blow it to hell and kill people."

While I was putting my belongings away the college kids were out back getting their asses smoked off.

Do not ever let your weapon out of sight. You will get koalaified That is when the DI makes you run at a tree and jump on it and hold on to the trunk like a koala bear. Till you fall off. Then he picks you up and turns you upside down and makes you do it again.

14. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Doooos and Don'ts

Nothing worse than not eating every thing on your plate. Unless you are the fat guy in the MARINES. :eek::D

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Thats what I was thinking.

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, WTF? What Military branch Bootcamp gives weekend passes? :confused:

And, always trim your nose hairs. Also, if you are selected to be a platoon Sgt or Squad Leader, when all are forced to eat chow from the Mess Hall garbage cans, always eat what's in the middle. Never from the top, and especially, not from the bottom. :rolleyes:

17. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I was allowed to go home for two days to see my father in the hospital we were 90% sure he was going to die (really bad car wreck). I got completely smashed and when I came back with a hang over from hell it made everything worse.

18. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Let out of Bootie camp....

My son was in the USMC., The only way out was the Red cross and a letter stipulating the reason for........And even then it was'nt certain he would have time off. By the way the USMC frowns apon there drill Sargents drinking with new recruits and missing roll call......:eek::D

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Okay, I'm ignorant on this subject. Why not and what should you call him?

Are you serious? You guys had to eat from the Mess Hall garbage cans?

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Gas chamber Sucks? What? Other than shooting that was the most fun thing to do in basic. I went threw 4 times in Basic just because I wanted to. Its not so bad when you get to your duty station and you go threw it once a year. It is rather lame then. Because they don't get it all full of thick cs gas smoke. They use like 2 pellets for a 4k sqft building. Piece of cake.