Vote

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NvRbanArms, Jan 14, 2012.

1. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

M thinking of trading in my xdm9 for a beretta 92fs. Who here thinks that's a bad idea or good? Just getting opinions. In the end my own judgement will determine wether or not I do it. Or is that a bad road to go down?

2. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

BTW. Down the road I will probably be getting another Xdm just not stainless and it will be a 3.8 barrel 40cal. Don't want anymore full sizers.

3. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Both are good guns. I personally carry 92FS never had a FTF since I got it. All metal not Tupperware. And they're sexy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

The Beretta may be more stable shot to shot (increased muzzle weight) if thats what youre after. Its also has better PWP:D

5. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

That's why I want to trade it. Have a glock 21 plastic. Now want a metal gun. Or aluminum which that's what it is. Think it's a good idea. Are they more accurate and just how much better or worse.

6. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

What's PWP mean? Still kinda fresh with the sport.

7. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

PWP : pistol whipping potential. Were innovators here, its a new term. I like heavier pistols myself because they dont tend to have as much barrel "flip" making it faster to get your sights on for the follow up shots. There is also slightly less perceived recoil in any heavier firearm compared to lighter ones.

8. jrags

jrags New Member

The Beretta is my choice. Here's my new M9

Attached Files:

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

10. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Now there is really no difference from the USA vs Italy right. Besides the sights.

11. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

I heard a lot of Italy is better/USA is better blah blah. That just all bs right.

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

The 92's I have shot are as accurate as any handgun I've had experience with. Which means that at a MINIMUM they are more accurate than my personal skill level, and I am a decent marksman. My only issue (and for many it isn't) is the size of the grip. VERY fat handled.

Matter of personal preference, but larger enough than average to warrant shooting before buying.

JMO

EDIT:

Forgot to vote...XD

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  13. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I would def get rid of the xdm for a 92. i absolutely love mine, it a very accurate gun and never malfunctions!

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Here's the deal. For beretta to get their almighty government contract, they had to have a manufacturing facility here in the US. There is no difference in the guns. They are made from the same materials, on cloned equipmen, identical blue prints.

However, there are differences in the artisans who build them. The finish MAY be better on one over the other. This is not a hard and fast rule, it depends on the individuals working the assembly and finishing process.

There could be a difference in sights, but that would likely be because of the sights available in italy, they may not have access to the same sights as we do in the US.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

The way I figure it, if you get one made in the US, your feeding American families. If its cost prohibitive and you get one made in italy, well, it was still an American who sold it to you.

16. Gatoragn

Gatoragn New Member

+1

Buy the Beretta to add to the flock.

17. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Thanks guys. Now one more thing. I had one ordered for me because I didn't want the one in the showcase. That is a beretta 92fs. Said made in Italy on the gun. Now are they going to order it from Italy or from the us plant. Don't know how that works. Does us make the 92fs and stamp made in Italy on it or is it only made in Italy and us only make the m9 model? Sorry for the stupidness but I have no idea how that works.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Its probably already on US soil, at a major distributer, possibly the US plant, just waiting to be shipped.

19. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Not at all, its easy to think that. And it very well could be coming from italy, but its more cost effective to keep that kind of thing on hand, makers of anything from toilet paper to cars are in business for profit, and that's something that could increase their profit.