Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sammich.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jun 27, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK today for lunch I am going to make a grilled cheese.

I have
    Cheddar
    mozzarella
    Smoked bacon Gouda
    Brie
    Raclette

I think I am going to do one at a time now then start mixing them.

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Didn't you just have breakfast, and you are already thinking about lunch???

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Saw this on TV...lunch truck in Seattle that makes some world class burgers uses it...Bacon Jam, yep...spreadable bacon...:) That'll spice up a grilled cheese without violating the cheese only mandate.

[​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member

Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there were Woolworth's and they had lunch counters. They served the best grilled cheese sandwiches I've ever had.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Haha.....my Nana used to take us to the lunch counter at WoolWorth's.

I can't even remember what I'd eat there but I remember just lovin' every minute of sitting at the counter next to my Nana, usually with a new coloring book or some other little thing Nana bought for me.

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Choc.Shakes at Woolworth's....

7. freefall

freefall New Member

I once had a grilled cheese with cream cheese spread on both slices of bread with swiss and cheddar in the middle. Add green olive slices, it would be heaven.

8. user4

user4 New Member

The original grill cheese thread changed my life. If you want an EPIC sandwich, I can blow your mind with my latest inventions. Not even kidding.

Do let us know how the soft cheeses rate. Brie? I sense a disturbance in the force...

Last sandwich I made for my wife, she took a bite, then looked up at me and said, "You are sooooo getting laid tonight."

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Damn...I gotta have that recipe. Although I will limit my reaction to you to thanks...:p

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

[​IMG]

Heck, I'd ask you to make me a sandwich................but no. :)

11. user4

user4 New Member

I appreciate that.

Grill three strips of thick deli bacon along with one medium size jalapeno
    Top bacon and jalapeno onto horseradish cheddar and sour dough bread.
    Grill all together like a regular grill cheese sammich. (I use blue bonnet margarine)

Give to wife or significant other.
    Get laid.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Ha! I posted the recipe. I'll understand if you're going to want some alone time later ;)

13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

as promised, Thanks...

but if you're ever in New Jersey...;)

14. user4

user4 New Member

Ha! If I'm in New Jeresy I'm already f*cked ;)

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Now that right there is funny...LOL'd...:D

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Isn't that kinda like ordering a Diet Coke with a super-sized triple cheeseburger combo? :eek:

17. user4

user4 New Member

Not so much as you might think. Blue Bonnet makes the best chocolate chip cookies too. It has a unique flavor that truly enhances food far better than real butter.

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

In all due respect, I completely disagree with you! If that were the case, all the great Chefs of the world would be using it.

But maybe you've stumbled onto something here and just need to let THEM know about it! :)

But these are matters of opinion.....

19. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Have at it. I finished breakfast 3 1/2 hours ago, and I am still full, thanks to you. :rolleyes:

All I gotta say is your one helluva cheese and bacon eating SOB. :eek: :p

20. user4

user4 New Member

I'm not contending that butter is the better medium to cook with. But I assure you that chocolate chip cookies and grill cheese sammiches are better with Blue Bonnet. In fact, I will make a signature bet with you. And because I am so confident, I will trust you on your honor, bake said cookies, apples to apples using both recipes, try the Blue Bonnet cookie first, and then your real butter cookie. You will prefer the Blue Bonnet. As will those around you. One week signature bet. You can even LIE and say you liked the butter cookies better, but you'll never eat them with real butter again if given the choice. ;)

I trust you on your word.